MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom > Buy & Sell

Buy & Sell This Forum is for our members to post whatever you have to buy and sell that is related to Karaoke.

Old August 29th, 2008, 03:43 PM

backup CDG player

I have been using a DVD/CDG player to play CDGs when necessary. It seems to be a bit flaky, however, so I am thinking of getting better player. Can anyone recommed a low-cost, but reliable CDG player?
Old August 29th, 2008, 05:22 PM
VIP

Thumbs up

MTU Sells them and they are certified to work with CDGs
Old August 29th, 2008, 05:26 PM

I haven't found any CDG players on the MTU web site. I see PCs that support Hoster. I already have PC/Hoster. It is my CDG player I occasionally use to play physical CDGs that gives me grief.
Old September 1st, 2008, 03:02 PM
VIP

Try this link.

http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaokecdr.htm#USBDVD
Old September 2nd, 2008, 01:22 PM

OK, I'm still seeing CDG drives for PCs. I have one that works fine with my PC. I have yet to find a CDG it cannot read.

Where I am having trouble is with playing CDGs on a player when I don't have my computer with me or as a backup to the computer if the computer is having issues. This does not happen very often, which is why I have been using a standard DVD player that supports CDG format. What I have noticed, hower, is that the player I am using does a horrible job of reading CDGs. I sometimes get noise even on brand new CDGs. On some tracks it hesitates. I even had trouble playing a DVD once. The hardware appears to be crap. So instead of buying another DVD player that supports CDG and may also be crap I thought I'd check out a CDG-only player in the hopes that it does a better job. I was hoping that Hoster users on this site who use a hardware player backup would have some insight on what a decent backup machine to recommend.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 06:59 PM
VIP

For a CD+G player (usually plays DVD and VCD) try http://www.acekaraoke.com They sell quite the variety of players. The other alternative might me ebay. Hope this helps.
Old September 4th, 2008, 05:55 PM

V2go Go100

So after looking around I get the impression that 'good' CDG players are no longer on the market. That there has been nothing good since JVC. All the business reasons make sense and as a pro-harddrive person I don't particularly care.

That said I am not looking for an industrial player, just one that can be used in a pinch. Hoster is the way to go, but I need a backup plan for when the computer is defunct or unavailable. What I have been using is an RJTech 1900DVX, but it is a joke. It often has trouble reading even new CDGs. I would prefer a CDG player that does not support DVD, but the consumer market doesn't support that. Since there are no winners in the currently-available players market I can't see what an improvement to the RJTech might be.

I did see 2 machines that stated "Next generation Real-time Super Error Correction: Auto Skipping Discs Read Errors, Smooth Playback even when dirty, scratched or slightly cracked discs are being read." While I doubt the claims of the statement I can at least hope that they read CDGs with some form of error correction that players not making this statement don't do.

These machines are:
-V2GO GO100
-Acesonic DGX-106

The near-identical wording of their "error correction" feature leads me to believe the same manufacturer makes both machines.

I have heard of Acesonic and while reviews of their products have not been stellar they have not been abysmal, either.

I have not heard of V2GO and think they must be relatively new. Their web site doesn't say much.

Has anyone heard of this 'error correction' feature providing any kind of improved CGD reads? Any experience with either product?
I need to get something to replace my RJTech as I get the sense it will drop dead at any time. I'd really hate to get something just as bad.
Old September 4th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Honor Roll

I understand your need for a backup solution, but would it be easier and just about as economical to purchase a good used computer? Look around on fleabay or one of my favorites, http://www.geeks.com/

With a fresh install of XP, you could be all set.
Old September 8th, 2008, 01:36 PM

Back up player

If you can find a JVC triple or single tray player on E-Bay I think this would be your best bet, I have one triple tray, one single tray and a Cav's Piece of crap that I wish I never bought worked great the first couple of uses then lost all graphic functions, There are some DVD players that will read CDG format and work extremly well I have two of these and both you have to use a remote control to set up for the next song but they are great in a pinch (Apex DVD PLAYER) however i pray i never have to go back to the disc system but never hurts to keep it handy in emergancy cases.

Edit: The Apex Players you can get at any pawn shop for 10 to 25 bucks.
XP Home 5.1.2600 SP 3 Build 2600 TOSHIBA Satellite L25 System Type X86-based PC Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel 1496 Mhz TOSHIBA V1.50 SMBIOS Version 2.34 PM 256.00 MB VM 2.00 GB 250GB ex hd ATI
Old September 18th, 2008, 05:50 PM

My JVC 303 is still available. One of the best if you just want a CDG player!
System #1
Dell Latitude E6400 Pentium Duo Core
Windows 7 Professional
4GB RAM
8xDVD-RW
320GB hard disk drive
160 GB External HD USB
Old September 18th, 2008, 05:51 PM

What would you be willing to part with it for?