MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old April 2nd, 2012, 02:45 PM

Re: Hoster 5.06 Bug Reports

Thank you Roy.
I can't confirm a 'fix' just yet as i don't have the sound output devices handy.

2 questions:

1. will the playback device be remembered the next time it is needed. will it recognize the usb port to be the default the next time it is connected to a usb out? or will we have to reset windows sound and hoster sound options every time?

2. will we have to use the same usb port each time? a few upgrades ago, hoster recognized any usb out and produced sound. now it's critical to always use the same usb port.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhuhnottelling View Post
2 questions:

1. will the playback device be remembered the next time it is needed. will it recognize the usb port to be the default the next time it is connected to a usb out? or will we have to reset windows sound and hoster sound options every time?
No it won't be remembered, you would have to go through the procedure each time you remove the usb devise.
This is only a work around, it is not a fix for your original reported problem.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 06:06 PM

i thought maybe was just a workaround. thank you for that! looking forward to a fix
Old April 3rd, 2012, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsings View Post
And what registery cleaner would you suggest, that won't interfer otherwise. It seems strange to me it would be all our computers rather than an issue with the program. I have tried a couple, but if you have one that works without issues, please share
I first want to say a big THANK YOU to all who are posting facts we can diagnose with.

I have spent hours tonight reviewing what is posted. There are some excellent posts that MTUSUPPORT (Bryan) will jump on tomorrow. He has worked with several Support Ticket submitters, but doesn't have a solid cause yet for any of these problems.

He has been working with our lead programmer. Today, Bryan for the first time was able to cause a crash. He will build a "debug" code version tomorrow. When it crashes it will give the exact code line and other data to help isolate the cause.

We are doing a major overhaul of Vogone (4.00) while we collect problem reports with Hoster. Once we get a handle on the causes, we'll jump on Hoster 5.07 for a fix.

There are MANY Hoster 5.06 users who aren't experiencing any problems. This IS a "system" related problem, not per se a bug in Hoster. What we have to do is gather enough info from those who are crashing, loosing audio, etc. so we can devise a "fix" to handle these systems so Hoster is reliable for everyone. It's hard work, and we may need to get you folks involved in testing beta releases since you are the only ones experiencing the problem. We NEED your help testing on your systems. It will be safe to install a beta and remove it if not more stable, returning to your prior "show use" version.

The worst problems are those we can't duplicate. Tomorrow should be productive towards identifying some of the causes.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 10:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsings View Post
Correction, towards the end of the night, it started stuttering, and I tried raising the drop out number and had it up to 4, and it didn't stop the sound from dropping out. I ended up restarting hoster 4 times this evening. Please tell me there is a fix for this soon!
Factory Default is "10" for a reason!

Change your setting to 10. One of our Beta Testers is running at 20!
Old April 4th, 2012, 01:54 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
t want to say a big THANK YOU to all who are posting facts we can diagnose with.

There are MANY Hoster 5.06 users who aren't experiencing any problems. This IS a "system" related problem, not per se a bug in Hoster. What we have to do is gather enough info from those who are crashing, loosing audio, etc. so we can devise a "fix" to handle these systems so Hoster is reliable for everyone. It's hard work, and we may need to get you folks involved in testing beta releases since you are the only ones experiencing the problem. We NEED your help testing on your systems. It will be safe to install a beta and remove it if not more stable, returning to your prior "show use" version.

The worst problems are those we can't duplicate. Tomorrow should be productive towards identifying some of the causes.
I hope the problems with singers' database adding random songs to new singers and songs being slightly out of sync when using remove silence are also being looked at. I know I and a few others have been able to duplicate that quite easily.

Old April 4th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
I hope the problems with

1. Singers' database adding random songs to new singers and

2. Songs being slightly out of sync when using remove silence are also being looked at.

I know I and a few others have been able to duplicate that quite easily.
Bryant, please post your step-by-step facts to duplicate both of these so we can write them up to be looked at.
Old April 4th, 2012, 06:59 AM

Not sure if this is a "bug" related to 5.06 or just an issue in general that could have happened before on other versions, but still something to look at and keep in mind.

I recently installed Hoster on a new computer after an old one crashed. At this venue I permanently install my desktop because it performs other functions throughout the week there unrelated to karaoke. When first configuring the software and numerous settings, I set up the extended display at home and tested everything. Whenever setting up an extended display anywhere, I naturally set up the 2nd desktop so that if it is physically to my left (while looking at my main display), I drag and MOVE the display icon within the Display Settings area in control panel so that it is on the left. That way, when I move my mouse to the left of my desktop, it moves onto the extended desktop as I would look at it. And vice versa.

Here's the problem I just ran across. While setting up my new computer at home, I had my test extended desktop tv/monitor to the left...so set it up so that my extended desktop in the control panel was to the left of the main display. When I got to the venue and hooked it all up, I moved the extended desktop monitor icon to the right side of my main display to coincide with the setup there. Everything worked perfectly fine, except when I open Background Audio. The taskbar would indicate I'd opened it, but I couldn't find the Background Audio folder anywhere! I reset the displays....checked and double checked the changes I was supposed to make and did everything I could think of. I assumed the window was just on my extended desktop.

It turns out, after many hours, it was hiding over to the left of my main desktop. I had to go back into my display settings...move the 2nd display icon over to the left of my main display icon...so that I could drag it over onto my main display...then move the 2nd display icon back over to the right of my main display to coincide with the fact that my extended desktop/tv was actually to the right of my main desktop.

Not sure if this is a bug...or something that can be fixed. And I'm sure there's a simpler way to describe the problem/solution...but figured it was worth sharing. I searched the forum and found no solution when I had the problem, so I'm hoping anyone else can find this to solve the same thing...although I guess it's not too often people move their screens around.
Old April 4th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Administrator

FYI: At noon April 4, 2012 exactly 900 Video Hoster and Lite users have INSTALLED 5.06.

Adding the actual problems reported in this thread that we would call "bugs" (not pilot error) and the Support Tickets we received, and the total number of USERS with reported problems is 16.

1.78% USERS are having problems. That is incredibly LOW!

Now, Version 5.07 will fix the problems that are "show stoppers", and those that are easy to moderately difficult to fix.

Those with a work-around, or that are very complex to fix, will be looked at in a future version.
Old April 4th, 2012, 05:51 PM
VIP

Quote:
FYI: At noon April 4, 2012 exactly 900 Video Hoster and Lite users have INSTALLED 5.06.

Adding the actual problems reported in this thread that we would call "bugs" (not pilot error) and the Support Tickets we received, and the total number of USERS with reported problems is 16.

1.78% USERS are having problems. That is incredibly LOW!

Now, Version 5.07 will fix the problems that are "show stoppers", and those that are easy to moderately difficult to fix.

Those with a work-around, or that are very complex to fix, will be looked at in a future version.
Where is the "Like" button?

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Operating System - Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit, SP1
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Hard Drive 1 Operating System: OCZ Vertex 4 (256gb)
Hard Drive 2 Music & Videos: Segate 1tb
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
Video Card - NVidia GeForce GT 445M,,3GB Ram, Dedicated
Video Driver - NVidia 306.97
K-Lite Codec MEGA Pack installed (v9.4)
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old April 5th, 2012, 08:59 AM
VIP

Quote:
Bryant, please post your step-by-step facts to duplicate both of these so we can write them up to be looked at.
Mindonstrike had reported this problem first (the one about the R.S. and songs being out of sync). My reply to his post was:

""I have found that when RS is on most of my music maestro lyrics are a full 1 second fast. It occurs only when the MM logo precedes the audio. Tracks where the music starts before the logo comes up do not seem affected. I believe it has something to do with it being somewhat animated (the flashing "CD" that changes colors) I also came accross an All Hits song that does the same thing, AH8006, "you Oughta Know" The marqui and flashing lights pop up before the music on that one and is out of sync as well.
If I restart or turn off RS the songs will be in sync. Kind of...

I also found that with RS on All of my songs that have any graphics come up before the music starts are approximately (the lyrics) .25 sec ahead of where they should be. Again if I restart or turn off RS they go back to where they should be.""

My Reply:

I have verified this in RS mode with one of the only songs that I know word for word without looking at the words. (I'm not a singer). I could not even make a difference when I tried to use the audio offset, while in RS mode. When I switched OFF RS mode, song was right on and the audio offset functioned properly. I did also notice that the song did have a quick credit screen flash on and off before any audio was heard. as Sam mentioned as a possible "cause".

1. RS mode is on.
2. Play song from playlist.
3. Credit screen blinks on and off quickly, as expected, and audio starts.
4. Song is out of Sync.( unless someone really knows the songs well, they may never catch this).
5. I start over by adjusting audio offset, and play the song again, song is still out of sync by the same amount. Audio offset made no difference either.
6. I start over, except this time I turn off RS mode and the song is right on.
7. With RS mode off, I play with the audio offset adjustment and now the adjustments DO make a difference as they should.
5. Sam and I test on very different machines and have both seen and reported this.

Old April 5th, 2012, 09:21 AM
VIP

The problem with the Singers database was also reorted by Roy Dennis who tests with a very different computer than I do:He mentioned a workaround, which was merely a way to fix thedatabase after it contained the wrong songs for the singers. Impractical to do with a singers database of 100 singers and 20 to 30 songs for each.Roy detailed hisobservation in beta 20 test thread with reference to beta 7 and beta 13 test thread.

1.When I have the Search & Singers dialogs up
2. and I enter a song in search, then
3. type in a brand new singer's name(one not yet in database), and
4. S+ that new name with the song (then expect ONLY that one song in that newly added singer's database?),
5. then I noticed that other songs besides that newly S+'ed song now show up as part of his database.[/quote]

I just noted that some of those new singers adopted the songs of another singer that was in the database already. I only have about a dozen singers in the singers database with an range of 1 to 8 songs each, so it was easy to determine that. It is not happening to every new singer, however. There is some connection between these singers (newly S+'ed and current ones) that seems to be causing this.

From Roy: "Just want to point out one thing I mentioned in Beta 11 about if you enter a new singer name then press the S+ button it adds extra random songs to the singers list. I posted the steps here: http://forum.mtu.com/showpost.php?p=111127&postcount=49"

The above is what I easily duplicated...

Last edited by bryant; April 5th, 2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old April 5th, 2012, 10:00 AM
VIP

From Mindonstrike: Video Instabuttons show the video screen until a Playlist Karaoke or Audio song plays, or an Audio Instabutton plays, then VI's only show a black screen.

After closing and reopening Hoster the Video Instabuttons work again until the above playing happens.

Mindonstrike detailed his procedure using various files in beta 20test thread. video files were wmv and mpg, playlist files were mp3, cdcdg,etc. It didn't seem to matter.

1. Play video Instabutton wmv, okay.
2. Play video Instabutton mpg, okay.
3. Play first song in playlist, song plays okay.
4. Play video mpg instabutton , only see black screen.

Step three can be replaced by "play audio instabutton" and step 4 repeats with black screen.

Old April 5th, 2012, 10:41 AM

We are working on diagnosing the audio/crash issues. This should fix the crashing at the end of the song playing, volume slider being set very low, and possibly audio drops/distortion.

Can anyone having issues with audio drops or crashes please try this. I think I have found where the Audio issues lie, it seems to be in the Fade's.

1) Open Hoster
2) Go to the Tools Menu
3) Select Audio Controls
4) Set the Fade In and Out both to 0.0 then click Ok.

Open Background Audio Player and change the fade in and out to 0.0 here also.

Please let me know your results after doing these two changes.
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:03 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUSUPPORT View Post
We are working on this. Can anyone having issues please try this. I think I have found where the issues lie, and it seems to be in the Fade's.

1) Open Hoster
2) Go to the Tools Menu
3) Select Audio Controls
4) Set the Fade In and Out both to 0.0 then click Ok.

Now Open Back Ground Audio Player from the button on the desktop, and change the fade in and out to 0.0 here also.

Please let me know your results after doing these two changes.
Bryan, Are you referring to my three problems listed below?Are you asking me to set ALL fades to 0 then try to duplicate all three of these effects?

Old April 5th, 2012, 04:38 PM

Bryant,
Those items to change the fades to 0 would be for any Audio related issues, or crashes. This would not have anything to do with your 3 posts. I think that We were both typing them in around the same time, as I did not see your 3 posts before I had posted mine.
Old April 6th, 2012, 11:25 PM

I only had a few minutes to test the "remove the fade" items. This work-around is working because after I made the change (I only had fade out as 3.5 and all the other settings were zero) I did not lose volume. I was losing volume all the time before. Looks like this is working. I will get to test it more tomorrow. Sorry, I just wanted to put out a good word before bedtime.
Old April 7th, 2012, 12:46 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUSUPPORT View Post
Bryant,
Those items to change the fades to 0 would be for any Audio related issues, or crashes. This would not have anything to do with your 3 posts. I think that We were both typing them in around the same time, as I did not see your 3 posts before I had posted mine.

Do you think those three will make it to 5.07 or at least 5.01? Just curious.

Old April 7th, 2012, 07:31 AM

Bryant,
Admin will have to answer you on your issues and if they are in 5.07.
Old April 8th, 2012, 12:49 PM

Post Hoster 506.03 MS Word/Songbook Problem

My songbook generates a duplicate phrase whenever an "&" is used in the data base. Thus, "Brooks and Dunn" becomes "Brooks & Dunn and Dunn" and "Bob Marly & The Wailers" becomes Bob Marly & The Wailers & The Wailers". This is only a "Artist" problem. It does not hold true for "&'s" used in titles. It is also not true for all "Artist's" with an "&" in the name, but it is true enough to cause an extra 23 pages in a 12K song songbook.

I am using MS Word from Office 2003 on a AMD AM3 4Core CPU with 12GB and a ASUS MOBO with Video and Sound on the board. The program worked great from day one following your directons to set up my computer.

I looked at the data in the DB and everything was fine, no duplicate phrases. I never saw this in earlier versions of Hoster on this same computer, using the same Word version. I "think" this might be caused by a directive in Access when converting to Word. I can work around this by changing all the "&'s" to +, but I really don't want to do this. I already tried it with "Brooks + Dunn" and it worked. I used the Hoster song editor to change it.

I am not printing new songbooks this week, so I am not in a rush to take care of this.

You guys and gals have a great product here and I know folks who try to hold shows using other programs, but nothing is on par with Hoster. Customers who have problems and resort to threats about leaving MTU for another companies products are short on brain cells. Thanks for a Superior product. Robert Bealo
Closed Thread