MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 14th, 2003, 05:10 PM

Unhappy instructions for vogone

I have finally been able to get my ksuite4 software installed. But i can't seem to find instructions for any of these programs. Is there anyway to get specific step by step instructions, since I'm not very good on the computer, they need to be pretty specific.
Old September 14th, 2003, 06:29 PM

Joyce, this link should take you to a thread that has the steps for using Vogone outlined in detail, in two different posts. You'll understand why it's split when you sort through them.

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1372

Hope this helps you get started.

George
Old September 23rd, 2003, 05:12 PM

vogone

I'm still not able to reduce vocals. I thought I had it once, at least they were reduced a little but when I try to record as a cdg, I'm still hearing original vocals. Also I have tried to access the KPro manual and the message says that the page is not available. I haven't had that problem with any of the other manuals. Can you explain the step for vocal reduction and recording in plain terms? Maybe I'm not understanding the computer language in the manuals.
Old September 23rd, 2003, 10:08 PM

Using Vogone.

After selecting the input file, unclick"Create Mono File For Karaoke".

Click the Low vocal reduction control box. The song should start playing.

Set the Loop Start and Loop End sliders in the play control section. These are there to prevent you from having to play a complete song over and over until you get it processed. You set the Begin Loop slider at the beginning of the vocal portion of the song, and the End Loop slider at the end of a major portion of the vocal and that section in between will keep repeating until you're done.

Slowly slide the Low slider to the left until you hear nothing.

Click the High vocal reduction control box. Slowly slide the high slider to the right until you hear nothing.

Click Play Vogone. Repeat the Low and High steps until you get maximum results.

Increase output level back to normal by sliding the Output Amplitude slider up until it is close to it's original level. You can switch back and forth between "Play Original" and "Play Vogone" to check this.

The Remove slider lets you remove less than full removal when desired(reducing a lead Sax in an instrumental, etc)

Now comes the part where you will get conflicting information. There is a school of thought that Karaoke players do not play stereo. Not so. Most will play stereo and most of those that won't will automatically convert stereo to mono. It is therefore usually unnecessary to check the "Create Mono File For Karaoke" block, which compromises the stereo effect. Leave it unchecked.

Now, depending on whether you're in the Play Original or the Play Vogone mode, simply click Stop. Then go through the procedure I outlined earlier for selecting and writing the output file.

To save your work, you stop the playback and click "Select Output File". A "Save As" box pops up, with a place to enter the name you wish to give the output file.

I always type in the same info as the input file, except I identify it as having been through Vogone by adding a VG. This prevents overwriting the original and makes the new file easy to find.

I would type in c:\songlist\titlevg
No need to type in .WAV as the program will do that.

Click "Save"

Click "Write File" at the top.

Dialog box pops up asking if yoy wish to write file, click "Yes"
when done, dialog box pops up telling you it's finished. Click "OK".

George