MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 9th, 2006, 04:42 AM

drums/drum track

Hi all,

OK this is probably going to sound weird but...has anyone ever tried replacing the drums/drum tracks that are sometimes lost in some songs that have been Vogoned? What do you use to replace it with?

I have one song where I actually replaced the drum track by recording over the saved Vogoned file and playing the track via online virtual drums. (That is, using one of those "Virutal drum kits" some sites offer for fun and then playing the drum part manually using one or more of the drums, while recording it to the beat & rhythm of the Vogoned track.) By that I don't mean I did a perfect copy of it, but since I could hear some of the original drum beats, this just "enhanced" it. The results were pretty good, and in fact makes the missing lead vocal less noticeable.

I'm interested in finding other drum sounds (not actual loops) or even a drum pad that I can hook up to or install on PC that would give me a broader range of available drum sounds to replace those lost in the Vogone process. There are a couple of tracks I created with Vogone, where the "oomph" of the drums is not there, and if I can somehow enhance or replace it via the simple replaying of the drums (nothing fancy, just basic stuff) it would make them sound perfect.

I hope I've made some sense here.

thanx!