MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 21st, 2006, 10:05 AM

Unhappy

I'm glad you got your's working I've not been that lucky
Old March 7th, 2006, 10:07 AM

I sure wish I could still use my Plextor and Microstudio.
Old March 7th, 2006, 12:54 PM

System Crash?
Old March 7th, 2006, 09:56 PM

Mine won't work with the new computer I put it on. Apparently the program isn't capable of using the newer processors that AMD makes.
Old March 8th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseshoe
Mine won't work with the new computer I put it on. Apparently the program isn't capable of using the newer processors that AMD makes.
Horseshoe, I am truly sorry we have not been able to solve your and DarkMagic's problems. If you had just purchased the product, we would refund your purchase. However, if I am right, you both have used Microstudio for years, and now the new computers you bought won't run it with the new Plextor drives.

With tens of thousands of Microstudio users, you are the only two with this new problem. Everyone's attempts to diagnose the cause of Microstudio not finding the drives has not helped. We will continue to try to help with any questions you post... but it is time to stop complaining. Any facts you can post in the other thread will help, but more complaints will be deleted.
Old March 8th, 2006, 11:07 AM

I'm sorry you think I am whining. I like your programs very much, but people need to know to not buy these new computers if they want to continue to enjoy their MTU products. Luckily, I also have it on an older one that I can use.

I am not trying to deter people from buying your product. In fact, it is just the opposite, I love it. I am simply trying to keep the problem in the forefront, so others will know, and also maybe help me at the same time. I don't know if we are the only two, or not. You have sold tens of thousands, as you say, but only a few people actually ever post on a forum. I have many things that I have purchased and had troubles with. Usually it's not worth the trouble to complain or try to get the problem resolved. I would think you would be tolerant, if not grateful that we take the time to try to resolve our problems. Neither of us have ever bashed anything, and are very happy with the products. They work great, and I have sold many of them for you by word of mouth.

By the way, it has nothing to do with the new Plextor drives. I am still using the same ones I have used for years. I simply bought another to see if a new one would correct my problem. I am using a 48/24/48A and a PX716A

At least you are not defensive and are open minded about it. I can tell that by your last paragraph.
Old March 8th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseshoe
I'm sorry you think I am whining. I like your programs very much, but people need to know to not buy these new computers if they want to continue to enjoy their MTU products. Luckily, I also have it on an older one that I can use.

I am not trying to deter people from buying your product. In fact, it is just the opposite, I love it. I am simply trying to keep the problem in the forefront, so others will know, and also maybe help me at the same time. I don't know if we are the only two, or not. You have sold tens of thousands, as you say, but only a few people actually ever post on a forum. I have many things that I have purchased and had troubles with. Usually it's not worth the trouble to complain or try to get the problem resolved. I would think you would be tolerant, if not grateful that we take the time to try to resolve our problems. Neither of us have ever bashed anything, and are very happy with the products. They work great, and I have sold many of them for you by word of mouth.

By the way, it has nothing to do with the new Plextor drives. I am still using the same ones I have used for years. I simply bought another to see if a new one would correct my problem. I am using a 48/24/48A and a PX716A

At least you are not defensive and are open minded about it. I can tell that by your last paragraph.
Whining? Well, you are posting complaints in multiple threads if you consider that whining. I have now split these posts to a new thread away from the original "Testimonial" posted in 2005. I hope you will discontinue your campaign of complaints.

I will make a note on our Microstudio sales page that currently Microstudio does NOT appear to run on the new AMD dual-core processor. That should be sufficient for you to know that we don't want to mislead others either. We are honest folks, that are overworked.

I'm glad you don't think I'm being defensive. I'm being truthful and maybe too transparent. I am frustrated that we can't help you solve this problem, but that happens in life. We try, but we can't meet everyone's needs.

We do appreciate your recommending MTU to your friends. I hope that won't change, as we try very hard to produce a quality product. Our 29 year history proves that we have done well at this.

Currently, we are doing a massive upgrade to our code that reads and writes the CDR/DVDR drives, so this problem may get solved in Microstudio 3.0. It is scheduled for release before December 31, 2006... No promises even on that until it is released.
Old March 8th, 2006, 04:34 PM

Admin,

Quote:
I will make a note on our Microstudio sales page that currently Microstudio does NOT appear to run on the new AMD dual-core processor. That should be sufficient for you to know that we don't want to mislead others either. We are honest folks, that are overworked.
This is not true. I am running a amd x64 dual processor system, and it works just fine. It is probably the selection of components that make up the systems that causes the problem.

MACHINE NAME: [Monster]
Windows XP 64 & 32 Professional Dual boot
Processor - AMD xp64 x2 4400
RAM - 2.0g PC3200 ddr2 800ghz
Motherboard msi platinum (latest BIOS and DRIVERS)
Sound Card - sound blaster comp.(On-board sound device)
Video - MSI 6800 128MG
HD Primary - 7 VAROIUS HARD DRIVES ON THIS MACHINE
CD-R - Plextor (PX-W708A 1.04) CD-R - TEAC
DVD/CD-R - NEC (optiplex )
DirectX Version - 9.0c (4.09.0000.0901)
Old March 9th, 2006, 01:08 PM

Thanks Admin. I couldn't ask for more.
Old March 10th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduns
Admin,

This is not true. I am running a amd x64 dual processor system, and it works just fine. It is probably the selection of components that make up the systems that causes the problem.
Oh joy!

Now we really are in a quandry. Horseshoe, I have a problem stating that it won't work on AMD dual-core processors as Gduns is running.

So... why don't you list everything that you can about your computer so we can see what you have, and maybe see why Microstudio is not finding your drive?