MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 24th, 2001, 02:57 PM

Cool

I just got a new Plextor 16w, 32r, 10rw and microstudio from MTU to copy my CDG's. I followed all the directions and put the cdr on the #2 ide contoller, and at boot-up I saw both the cdr ( as master ) and my cd ( as slave ).
But when I got to window neither one showed in my computer.
I call Brian at MTU and he told me someother people have had the same problem and there wasn't anything posted about it, So this is what is got from Plextor.

yellow bangs in device manager?

Motherboard Drivers - When you have already tried to fix the software and failed, try checking for HARDWARE issues. Most Hardware issues at the OS level have to do with DRIVERS. Check the Device Manager for possible problems.

The main problem has to do with the fact that most users do not know what a driver is, and therefore are not able to tell when they have problems.

There are a few known issues regarding specific Hard drive controllers:

1. INTEL ATA 100 Controller (All OSs) Uninstall the driver, it is flawed. Go to Add/Remove Programs and Remove the INTEL ATA Mass Storage entry.

2. VIA (Win 95,98,ME only) In the Device Manager check the Provider and the date of the driver used by the Hard drive controller.

3. ALI (ALL OSs except NT4) Check the Provider of the driver, if it is not ALI or ACER, go to http://www.acerlabs.com and download the latest IDE driver.

4. SIS (All OSs) Find the Provider of the HD Controller, if the Provider is not SIS then download the latest drivers from http://www.sis.com.tw.

GOOD LUCK!