MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 3rd, 2007, 04:17 PM

Microstudio and PX-S88tu

I have a new Plextor PX-S88TU and I'm running Windows XP Pro. I works great with Hoster v3.316, but I have trouble with Microstudio v4.002. Microstudio recognizes the drive but when I put in a CD, it starts to run and run, and then the computer act funny and MS won't shut down. Any changes that I can make?
Old October 3rd, 2007, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

This sounds like you have CD burner program running like Roxio or Nero. Check your Program list in the Startup folder and if either program is there delete it and restart the computer.
If that isn't it then it may be the autoplay feature which will have to be turned off through the registry. This is the link:
http://www.mtu.com/faq/faq-computer-...ms.htm#Autorun
Old October 3rd, 2007, 09:37 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimski51 View Post
I have a new Plextor PX-S88TU and I'm running Windows XP Pro. I works great with Hoster v3.316, but I have trouble with Microstudio v4.002. Microstudio recognizes the drive but when I put in a CD, it starts to run and run, and then the computer act funny and MS won't shut down. Any changes that I can make?
I have this little laptop CDRW and also am running XP Pro!
However, I don't think I can offer you any assistance or good news.
I found it stopped working with Microstudio a long time ago and I packed it up & put it in a drawer along with all my other redundant equipment
If I look back far enough in my posts I will find that I reported this to MTU. I do recall they tried valiantly to get it to work but in the end it just would not work
I recall having EXACTLY the same problem you are experiencing.
I ended up buying an LG external Super Multi DVD Rewriter Model GSA-5163D
(USB&1394). Not long afterwards I discovered Litescribe and ended up buying an External Lacie (designed by Porsche) DVDRW - can't remember the model number. I think you need to go shopping.

MikeP
Old October 4th, 2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
I posted a similar issue back on Jan 7 and have seen a few (2 maybe 3) similar post since then,however have not seen a fix. I have since updated with every update. Running V4.002 now, but have always had the same issue. In the Jan. thread ADMIN had thought it was a MS problem and was going to work on it. I worked with support on this thur a ticket to no avail.....I thought MTU was going to continue working on this issue and we agreed to close the ticket and wait on further upgrades to see if the problem was solved. The upgrades have not fixed the problem. Again.. my problem only exist in the Duplicate Disc mode.
Old October 4th, 2007, 09:32 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtbice View Post
I posted a similar issue back on Jan 7 and have seen a few (2 maybe 3) similar post since then,however have not seen a fix. I have since updated with every update. Running V4.002 now, but have always had the same issue. In the Jan. thread ADMIN had thought it was a MS problem and was going to work on it. I worked with support on this thur a ticket to no avail.....I thought MTU was going to continue working on this issue and we agreed to close the ticket and wait on further upgrades to see if the problem was solved. The upgrades have not fixed the problem. Again.. my problem only exist in the Duplicate Disc mode.
In addition to my previous response (#3 above).
I have several Plextor drives that used to work with MTU products and now do not. I believe the reasons why are beyond MTUs control and there is a technical explaination as to why - which I have previously read but cannot recall the details, as it is quite some time ago.
In my opinion you are flogging a dead horse.
I think it's just a fact of life that we must accept that the price of progress necessitates that computer hardware/peripherals and software are all superseded in an ever increasingly shorter period of time.
I have all manner of exotic sound cards, software programs etc etc that no longer work with the current Windows operating systems.

MikeP
Old October 4th, 2007, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
In addition to my previous response (#3 above).
I have several Plextor drives that used to work with MTU products and now do not. I believe the reasons why are beyond MTUs control and there is a technical explaination as to why - which I have previously read but cannot recall the details, as it is quite some time ago.
In my opinion you are flogging a dead horse.
I think it's just a fact of life that we must accept that the price of progress necessitates that computer hardware/peripherals and software are all superseded in an ever increasingly shorter period of time.
I have all manner of exotic sound cards, software programs etc etc that no longer work with the current Windows operating systems.

MikeP
I also have a closet full of nonuseable equipment, that I have constantly upgraded, as I'm sure everyone does.... progress accepted!! As far as flogging a dead horse goes, if that were the case I would not have put this to bed back in January. My post was to simply inform jimski51 with details... that there have been similar issues posted that as far as I know were unresolved.
Old October 5th, 2007, 01:27 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtbice View Post
I also have a closet full of nonuseable equipment, that I have constantly upgraded, as I'm sure everyone does.... progress accepted!! As far as flogging a dead horse goes, if that were the case I would not have put this to bed back in January. My post was to simply inform jimski51 with details... that there have been similar issues posted that as far as I know were unresolved.
OK - I understand & see we both agree that redundant equipment is just an inevitable part of life

MikeP
Old October 5th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimski51 View Post
I hope you didn't just buy this drive thinking it was "new" because this is a 2001 model and I don't believe it suppports the current interface type that MTU is using which is why it doesn't work in Microstudio.
If you did just buy it, see if you can return it and get your money back.
Old November 15th, 2007, 09:46 PM

I took care of everything. I bought a 6650A internal for my laptop and it works great.
Thanks for the help. It's nice to know that I have helpful friends that I never met.

Jimksi51