MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old July 27th, 2019, 11:16 PM

Angry Malfunctioning Audio playback

I have a 2 year old HP Pavillion as my backup laptop with a Windows 10 OS and Hoster Version 5.50.05. Ever since I downloaded the Hoster program it has never performed properly with the following fault and I am wondering whether I should remove Hoster completely and re-load it as I have an inkling that this may be the remedy. The problem is that almost every track skips during play back causing the track to eventually lose sync between the music and the lyrics and then cut out completely. Secondly, how should I remove Hoster and re-load it if this is the course I should follow?

Toshiba Satellite A100 Laptop, 4gb ram with Hoster 5.07
Old July 28th, 2019, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Malfunctioning Audio playback

The normal uninstall of Hoster will still leave odd files on your computer especially in the registry which some people are wary of deleting.
It will also leave all your music files in place.
The normal uninstall on Windows 10 can be done in various ways, try this: Right click on the widows icon on the taskbar bottom left. From the menu that appears select “Apps And Features” scroll down that list till you see Hoster and left click on it should expand that to show the option to uninstall.
When the dialog appears choose remove and follow the instructions.

You must be online when you do this to free up re installing else re installing may fail.

If you want to delete all the registry files and other left over settings let me know and I’ll try to guide you.

A couple of things before uninstalling, Are your music files on an external disc ?
How many songs in your database ?
How much free space on your drive or drives ?
Have you checked the drives for errors ?
To do that Right click on the drive select properties/Tools/check.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old August 1st, 2019, 08:13 PM

Hi Dennis.

In response to your last query, my music files are on the internal hard drive.
I have around 6000 song database.
There is a lot of space on my HD.
Have checked drive, no errors.

Old August 3rd, 2019, 10:10 PM

Red face Re: Malfunctioning Audio playback

Have decided to uninstall Hoster from this laptop and intend re-installing to see if that resolves my issues with music skipping and loss of sync with lyrics.

I uninstalled whilst on-line as advised by Roy Dennis and now need advice on how to reinstall Hoster.

Step by step instructions please.

Thanks in advance.

Lloyd

Old August 4th, 2019, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

You need to find your original Hoster550.05setup.exe file double click on it to start it, when the page opens showing options “Remove or Upgrade” select upgrade and follow the instructions from there.
Note, you must be online to re install.
If you can’t find the setup.exe file you should be able to download a copy from http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster.htm
Be sure to only select your original version or you may be charged to upgrade. Click the download button and agree to the notice that appears then save to a safe place so that you will always have a copy just in case it is ever removed from the download list sometime in the future.
Once downloaded select Run.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old January 27th, 2020, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

Thread closed as no further responce received.
Closed Thread