MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old October 25th, 2019, 11:01 PM

Monitor Background Image Lost Due to Windows Upgrade

Greetings,

A recent Windows upgrade is causing major problems for me. I was able to (finally) figure out how to get my sound to work properly, however, I am still unable to fix a monitor display issue.

Before the upgrade I was able to display my logo as background to the Hoster screen that presents lyrics. Now the monitor displays a background that is simply black and remains that way whenever Hoster is not active.

Any and all suggestions/advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old October 26th, 2019, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Monitor Background Image Lost Due to Windows Upgrade

Open Tools/Show display/intermission view.

Top line where it reads (Appears With) just below that there are 2 tick boxes, make sure both are ticked.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old October 26th, 2019, 09:58 AM

Roy,
Thanks so very much for your (as always) timely response.

I did as suggested, however, when Hoster is engaged the background display is still \\\'blank\\\'. See attached PDF for screen shot examples.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Gwen
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Background Display Example.pdf (253.9 KB, 8 views)
Old October 26th, 2019, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Well I would not describe it as “Blank”
From that screen shot it is on one side.
A couple of things you can try,
1) Place your Curser on the part you can see then hold down your left click button and drag it over to where you want it.
2) option put your Curser In the centre of the part you can see then double left click to make it full screen.

3) option drag it back to your main monitor then double click on it which should send it full screen to your singers monitor.

4) option: Tools/Settings Generals Tab, just below Choose Colour is a button “Reset Displays”

Another thing in your show display settings, next to the path for your graphic is a drop down box, I see you have it set for “Fit” exsperiment with setting it to Stretch or some of the other settings.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; October 26th, 2019 at 11:37 AM.
Old October 27th, 2019, 09:03 PM

Roy,
Thanks for your excellent support on this.
I do believe that prior to the Windows update there was an image displayed in the area I am describing as blank --as well as the panel that presents the Hoster image we have discussed.
I will continue to see if I can figure out what that particular setting was, which seems to have been lost since my laptop was changed by a recent Windows update. (See attachment for an event picture of my setup as described showing an image on the now blank background.)
Thanks again for your help. I will continue to see if I can locate the difference.

Best wishes,
Gwen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KQ Display Monitor.jpg (533.8 KB, 4 views)
Old October 28th, 2019, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

OK I think you must be referring to Windows background picture or wall paper ?
If so this is not set in Hoster but in Windows.

If your running Windows 10 right click on background on main monitor and select Personalise/Background, either choose a picture from selection shown or if you can’t see your picture browse folders and add to list.
Now if you have your extended monitor connected you can right click on the picture of your choice and select which monitor you want it to appear on.

Hope this is what you are referring to.

Or was it something you originally set using Display fusion software ?
Old October 28th, 2019, 10:44 PM

Roy,
Thanks!

I will check out both possibilities.

Best,
Gwen
Old January 27th, 2020, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator

Closing this thread as no follow up posts
Closed Thread