MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 2 Help

Keyrite 2 Help Post Keyrite 2 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 27th, 2006, 07:26 PM

keyrite file problems

I import tacks to my default folder, but when I try to use keyrite and open my default folder it will not show the bin files I imported, it only shows file types .cdg or .wav How do I fix this? I'm an older time user, but just upgaded to the 3.01 ver, boy is it different!
Old November 27th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

Use windows explorer to find the folder the files are in. If set to default by MTU should be "C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Microstudio\songs" Find the file you want to work with, right click on it and click on "Rename". Highlight the last 3 characters (BIN) and type in"CDG". Simple as that.
Old November 27th, 2006, 10:47 PM

I guess i've lost it

Magoo/ Doug
i have tried this it doesn't work, I gues I'm doing something wrong, I'm in windows xp I go to Assories to windows explorer fin my file with the song on trying to work on I right click re name add .cdg it shows the .cdg but still the file is a .bin
I have been working on this for hours, I know that I'm fustrated, but what am I doing wrong
Old November 28th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyhangers View Post
Magoo/ Doug
i have tried this it doesn't work, I gues I'm doing something wrong, I'm in windows xp I go to Assories to windows explorer fin my file with the song [I'm] trying to work on. I right click re name add .cdg it shows the .cdg but still the file is a .bin
You want to REMOVE the .bin at the end of the file, and replace it with .cdg.

Example: mysongname.bin ==> mysongname.cdg (not mysongname.bin.cdg). This should make the file visible to Keyrite.

What version of Keyrite are you running?

We have undergone some major changes related to .bin and .cdg in trying to prevent confusion. You are pointing out that we goofed and didn't upgrade Keyrite to see .bin files now. We'll fix it this week and get a free upgrade out.
Old November 28th, 2006, 01:11 PM

Smile Thanks to everyone who responded to my problem

I'm really not that dense, well sometimes when I'm frustrated.
What my problem was is I needed to change my folder settings, see I could not see the entire file name, so it wasn't taking the change. I just couldn't figure out how to do that. Windows XP is really different in it's default settings. I was desperate last nite to get these songs done, I down loaded another company's software to change the keys. I wasted 50 bucks!
Here's my fix!

So if anyone else runs into this : go to control panel / select folder options /select file/ then un-check / hide extentions for known file types

MTU, will there be an update to fix this so we don't have to change each song we import, it really is a big hassle
Old November 29th, 2006, 02:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyhangers View Post
MTU, will there be an update to fix this so we don't have to change each song we import, it really is a big hassle
Keyrite 2.011 was released last night with support for .bin files.

You should have received an email with the link to download it.

Download IMMEDIATELY as the link will disappear within 10 days.
Old December 29th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Administrator

We have changed our download policy. We no longer use the store download links that had a lifetime and tied up our store so others couldn't get in to order.

Download files for new upgrades can now be found in the web page for each related program. These are accesable from the program (ex: Keyrite) Help menu, Check For Upgrades (or Check MTU Site) command.