MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 13th, 2002, 05:57 PM

Getting started w/ New Plexwriter

Hey, guys. I've been reading and trying all your ideas in this forum for the last week since buying an MTU Plexwriter and the Micro., Vogone, and KHP combo pack. I want this to work so bad I can almost taste it, but unfortunately I build homes for a living, not computers.

Anyway, here it is:

1. I unplugged my Zip drive and plugged in the Plexwriter, since the secondary IDE had my Zip and DVD plugged in.

2. I moved the cap on the 6 pin jumper to the 2 middle prongs to make the Plexwriter the slave and leave the DVD the master drive.

3. The Plexwriter does not have a line running from it to the audio chip like the DVD does, but I guess that is for the video?

4. I loaded the Plextor Manager 2000 and the other three MTU programs as directed.

5. I've got Microstudio and Vogone icons, but nothing for KHP. I've tried many of the suggestions to locate it using windows explorer, etc... , but with no luck. I can't even get the Plexwriter to do anything more than open and close tray.

6. The Microstudio program will open, but will not activate the drives.

7. The Vogone only gives me two messages: missing export: mfc42.dll:6646 and device attached to system not working.

Please, if any of you can help I'll be forever in your dept.
Old January 30th, 2002, 06:23 PM

Cheack your IDE cables again and again.......

Hi Darrel,
I'm no expert, but I have built a few PC's and the moct common fault is the blessed IDE connectors. Sometimes they can work loose from the mother board as your putting the case back together, esp. if you've left streatching the drives power cable 'till last. Also, because of the opposite tightness of the way they seem to fit the drive end, sometimes you can distroy the lead as your pulling on the cable to get the plug out. Try taking out everything apart from your system hard drive and the Plex, try them on one cable 1st to see if that works. Some systems like the master asnd slave to be on the right plug esp. on fast ATA IDE's. If you're still stuck, take all the bits to a small PC shop and ask if you've got it connected right. They'll probably check it for free.
Good luck,

Garry