MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 18th, 2006, 11:34 PM

Question Umm, I new

Maybe I am an idiot but I downloaded the demo of Hoster and I put a couple of songs but when I go to play the songs my screen flickers and flashes and the music is just hiccups of sounds. Has anyone ever had this problem? Do you know how I can fix it or have I done something wrong when putting the songs on??? Any and ALL help will be HUGELY appreciated! I really want to try this program and have it work. I am a DJ/KJ and want to go computer based but I am having no success. I would like to accomplish all this before June 1st if possible. Also, while I have your attention...(when I figure out what I am doing) if I download the program on my desktop computer can I move it to my laptop or do I need to download it directly to my laptop? Just curious?

Thank you in advance!
Jackie
Old May 19th, 2006, 12:01 AM

Jackie,
You have posted this in KPro Help Forum, you should post in Hoster help for quicker answers.

Also, if you have 100's of cd+g's you will probably not be able to go entirely computer based by June 1st. It will take some time to convert to Hoster's proprietary format (.kma) but will well be worth it once done.

I am not the one to help with technical issues but someone will jump in soon and help resolve your problem. Hoster is a wonderful program and you will never regret one dime you spend for it.

Hope this helps!
Wally
Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:38 AM

I have moved this to the Hoster Help Forum.

This problem is due to your CD-R drive. Please go to the Tools Menu\CD\DVD Default drives command. Make sure there is a Check in the Box that states "Use Software Decoding". If there is a check in this and you imported the songs this way, then your drive will not work for Karaoke.

If there was no check in this box, check the box then Reimport the songs. The songs you have imported will be overwritten, as they are bad and will never play correctly.

Then let us know. If you still get this with this checkbox checked, then you will have to replace your CD drive with one that will work.