MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 28th, 2012, 12:06 PM

Smile Automatic rotation

Will Hoster 5.5 when on auto rotate , rotate the singer from top to bottom allowing K.J to key in multiple songs for each singer at the beginning of show . example I have 15 singers to begin the show , would like to enter 3-4 songs per singer at the beginning , but will singer #1 automaticly drop to bottom of rotation upon completion of his /her first song alowing a much smoother running of the rotation
Old March 28th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Automatic rotation

Hoster does not have an auto rotation feature.
There are some ideas you might find useful
First idea that could help you achieve this:
First enter 3 A-stops in the play list, (Shift+Ctrl+Add Track )
Then enter 3 songs from player A which will go to the bottom of the playlist, then drag 1st song above first A-Stop. second song below 1st A-Stop 3rd song below 2nd A-Stop.
repeat with next singer dragging his 1st song below previouse singers1st song and so on. if you get to another rotation just drag a rotation marker down from the ones that played.

2nd option, enter singers 1st song as normal, then after entering his next song either highlight it in the playlist then press the skip button or if entering his songs via the search window you can tick the box in the dialog to skip the song, same with his 3rd song. Then repeat with next singer. With this way it will play his 1st song then skip to the next singers 1st song. When they have all sung go back to the top of the playlist and un skip each ones next song.

3rd way and how I do it tell the singers to give you one song at a time, then when they come up to sing take their next song and enter it. This way pretty well keeps it in order. Apart from when singer A wants to sing with singerB then you have to decide.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 28th, 2012, 02:20 PM
VIP

As long as it's an option only! I would hate to be forced to use some software rotation features. This is something that I can't stand about a couple of competitior programs. I run a rotation my way, and haven't seen a software yet that works like it.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old March 28th, 2012, 02:23 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
3rd way and how I do it tell the singers to give you one song at a time, then when they come up to sing take their next song and enter it. This way pretty well keeps it in order. Apart from when singer A wants to sing with singerB then you have to decide.
This is how I do it as well. Except new singers get inserted into the mix as well.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB