MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 16th, 2007, 10:11 PM

Microstudio Installation Error #0x80040707

A little history, I installed Microstudio Demo verison, it worked as stated. I downloaded the full verison with keys and installed before removing the demo verison. I had problems with it recognizing the CD, so I removed both verisons. Since then I have received the error every time I try to reinstall. I search and found a similar error message in the knowledge base but it ended with a 3 instead of a 7. I did what was recommended for that error, have updated XP (Express and Custom) now have 0 updates in both, and still continue to get the error.

Any Suggestion?????

Roy
Old July 17th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator

Both errors call for the same thing which is to update from Microsoft. Here is the link to the correct article. This will usually fix the error without having to hunt down the exact cause.
http://www.mtu.com/kb/index.php?acti...f7fecd3b4cb0bf

Did you restart your computer after finishing all the updates?

I couldn't find anything on Microsoft's website, but in a search of the internet I found that this error actual has to do with Common settings in the registry. I found two articles that offer different solutions.
http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108167 deals with editing the registry so be careful that you follow the instructions.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-5252325.html takes a different approach but should probably work as well.
Old July 17th, 2007, 09:58 AM

Error #0x80040707 Continues

Yes, after the the completed updates, I did reboot my system. And I checked additional times to see that I had zero (0) updates remaining. I have checked the regedt32, under User Shell Folders, and found no problem with the paths there. Checked very carefully character by character on each entry. I followed additional tips recommended in the articles by techrepublic, I changed the exe setup program to run as and unchecked the flag to protect my computer and data, still not successful. And the address to bindview.com/mmsupport was not valid, I am still working on this one.
Old July 17th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

There was one other deal where you have to delete the entries under the Installshield, but I don't remember exactly where and I will have to research.
Old July 17th, 2007, 12:28 PM

It seems I have just about tried everything but the right thing. I have removed every microstudio hit in regedt32, and removed micro technology hits also, removed every hit for microstudio and micro technology on hard drive. Removed the runme.exe.34e933fd.ini, Downloaded again ms4 and even installed it from the web page. I can not get back to a fresh first time install, it still gives me the original information I type in the first time including the registration key. Where is that info coming from? I am begining to wonder if it is something on MTU's site from the registration.
Old July 17th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

No, this is a Microsoft problem with their Installshield as evidenced by the numerous programs and fixes listed when you search for it. The information with your registration and personal info is a file that is placed so it won't get accidently deleted. The only thing it contains is information to fill in the blanks, so it can't cause this.

Roy, I have about run out of suggestions at the moment. Maybe someone else can suggest something and I will do some more research to see if I can come up with anything.
Old July 17th, 2007, 03:54 PM

Question What's Next 0x8000040707

ddouglas, thanks for anything further you can do. I have been in the office with a guy that has 17 to 20 Microsoft Certifications, he teaches classes for certification, and has a testing center. He is pulling his hair out also and he doesn't have much. Some of the last things I have done. I was logged in as a user with administrator permissions. I logged on as administrator and ran the install, right clicking and running it as both administrator and as unprotected to install programs and data.
Old July 17th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

I hesitate to say it because I don't really trust it but you could try restoring back to before the demo install, re update from Microsoft and then try installing. It is a real pain to have to do that, but is short of complete reload (ugh)
Old July 27th, 2007, 03:50 PM

Try installing this .net, and see if it will then work. Here is the FAQ on this, this is just a Guess.

http://www.mtu.com/kb/index.php?action=kb&article=54
Old July 30th, 2007, 10:34 AM

D Douglass, Thanks for your last tip, I tried the new .net update to no avail. I went through all the processes, and the repair, and tried once again to install, received the same error. I am going to try the repair option on XP install disk, I will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for you continued help,
Roy Cooper
Old July 30th, 2007, 11:01 AM

Here's an interesting article on repairing XP.

http://www.informationweek.com/showA...leID=189400897

Should be a cakewalk for your certification teacher friend.

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; July 30th, 2007 at 11:08 AM.
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:34 AM

D Douglass, well I have been through a lot, since we last communicated. I tried the rebuild, I won't go through all the details, did not work for me, created a lot of other issues with the OS. Could not do updates from MS, finanily reinstalled the OS (XP Pro) just to be safe, I wiped out the disk and reformatted, after all the updates, I installed Microstudio, it did not work for me until I connected my laptop to the internet, I was using a memory stick and going to another computer. The only problem I have discovered is I can not get the video to work on my TV. First time to ever use the video on a computer. Not sure whether it is hardware or software.

Thanks Roy
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Roy, what do you see when you open the display settings? do you see two monitors or one?
Tell me what you have tried so far to get the video to TV. Also, what kind of video card do you have?
Old August 16th, 2007, 12:37 PM

TV output

D Douglass,
I have enabled the tv out in the bios, set for the system, I have 3 items under monitors, 2 default monitor's and 1 digital flat monitor. Both are said to be working properly according to the device manager. I have a dell latitude c640 and and it has a tv out plug built in, so the video out is from the motherboard. I have tried to turn it on by using the function key like you do with a LCD and CRT. But I don't know if it is possible to do this using the function key, anyway not happened.

Thanks for any information. Roy
Old August 16th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Function key won't work for that. You need to click on the 2nd monitor. Then look down at the bottom of that screen and do to things. Make sure that the resolution for it is the same as the 1st monitor and set it for Extended Desktop. This has to be done with the TV attached and on so the settings will stay. Last thing you may have to do if it doesn't come on at that point is right click on the 2nd monitor icon and "Activate" or "Attach" (can't remember which and my work system doesn't have that capability).
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:12 AM

Thumbs up

Ok, did that have 1st as primary and extended,(can't change this one) 2nd one is the same size, and checked as extended, and it is 'Attached'. I also choose to identify, and 1 & 2 shows on the approaite screen. When I boot and logon all I get is the background, no icons, nothing else displays on the 2nd tv screen. In the system monitors I now have a generic tv. Only identify in the settings will display 2 on the screen.

Thanks for your help. Roy
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

You have it then. Your icons should all be on your computer screen. The only things that would go on the TV would be Hoster's Lyrics screen and Singer Name Display (SND). If you want to see if it is working drag an icon to the right off the computer screen and on to that screen.
Old August 17th, 2007, 05:26 PM

I bet you think that I am as dumb as a stump, it is as you say, I can move icons to the video, I can execute the icon from that screen, That would be Microstudio everything shows up on the video except the lycris, I try to move the window to the right onto the video and it stops, will not move across. I execute it from the primary window same thing, the lyrics window will not move across.

Thanks again we are getting there, I think.....(grin) Roy
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

Microstudio will not move to second screen. That capabilty was taken out a long time ago. Only Hoster has that capability. This was done by MTU because Microstudio wasn't designed for doing shows.