MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 31st, 2000, 10:24 PM

Note: I am using Windows ME with an HP 9510i. The version of MicroStudio is 2.013 (just downloaded it Christmas eve).

1) MicroStudio will not start with a blank CD-R in the drive.

I found that this problem was already reported and as the doctor says, `If it hurts, don't do it'.

2)While play a song and I stop it, select another song and start playing it, sometimes (but not always), MicroStudio stops responding and whatever part of the song that was just playing keeps repeating over and over. Must reboot to get system it back.

3) In "Custom Assembly" when I try to load a saved playlist
the same song appears (the first song) repeatedly and I get an error dialog indicating that the playlist is too long (time wise) for the CD recording media. The recording time of the song seems to change each time I load it and I'v seen it as high as 22 minutes.

4) In "Custom Assembly" it is possible to multiselect a group of songs from the file dialog as long as they are all in the same column. However, the songs appear in the playlist in reverse order. If you attempt to select songs from multiple columns no songs are inserted into the playlist.

By the way, I'm a software developer myself (25 years now) and I know how important it is to get good information about problems that people report. A problem report that includes the exact steps needed to reproduce the problem is the best.

If this is not possible then information about the system, other application that may be running on the system, the types of actions being attempted sometimes helps find the problem.

Unfortunately, sometimes there just isn't enough information to find and resolve the problem. In this case I find that, as different people encounter the problem it is possible to start doing an analysis to determine the most like cause.

I'll try in the future to give you as much information as I can and I apologize for not giving very many detail in my prior post.

Ken

Old December 31st, 2000, 10:42 PM

Check your Irq on your sound card... it might be shared and will lock up your pc if a request for the same Irq is asked for at the same time by another device. try changing it to another address. I had a problem like this about 2 weeks ago and envolved a sound looping until i hit reset.