MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 21st, 2000, 12:52 PM

I'm trying to bring a song in from a regular audio cd into Microstudio and save it to my hard drive as a wave file to later use in Home Producer. I have installed all the software including the directx update and made all the system changes. I do not have the new Plextor drive installed yet, I'm using my original cd-rom. I'm getting a message saying "Visual C+ Program Run Time Error." Media Player and other programs play the cd's okay.

Should I be able to do this at this point or do I need to wait until I install the new Plextor drive?

Paul McNerney
Old November 21st, 2000, 08:33 PM

Smile

My mistake. I only waited about a minute when trying to read my audio cd file before canceling the operation. I didn't hear any hard drive activity, so I assumed that the program was froze. I tried it again and after about 2 minutes, it started writing my file to the hard drive. It worked perfectly to create the wave file and Home Producer merged the file with the text file and the rest is history.

This is great, I can't wait to install my cdr drive and start creating custom cd's. I will be taking regular audio cd tracks that I recorded in my studio and adding advertisement for my band to show up on the tv monitor. Our band performs sets where we use midi files for sequenced background music or karaoke backing tracks to give our 2 piece band a 5 piece band sound. Before this, I was constantly changing cd's about every 3 or 4 songs. Now I can burn 1 cd per set that will have karaoke tracks I've recorded as well as midi music that I have recorded on another cd.

Paul McNerney
Old November 21st, 2000, 11:37 PM
Administrator

Thanks for telling us how you solved this. I have discussed it with 3 engineers and we were all scratching our heads.

Tip: If you want to make the sweep velocity very fast across each word (it might make your ad for your Band appear a bit better), after you tap the spacebar to insert a word to the music, immediately tap the Ctrl key to stop the sweep. The entire word will sweep as fast as your delay between Spacebar and Ctrl key. Then tap the next word in with the Spacebar (SB). If you want to make them all sweep quickly, tap SB Ctrl, SB Ctrl, etc. as fast as you can. Or, you could just tap SB very fast for as many words as you have to place, then tap Ctrl to end the sweep. They will all sweep as fast as you tapped SB, up to the maximum sweeping speed the Karaoke CDG format allows. ENJOY!