MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 30th, 2007, 01:48 PM

4002 problems

is there anyone out there thats having problems with microstudio 4002 recognizing folders, everything worked fine with 4001,now it seems the only thing that will play now in the folder is disc # and track # any song that comes up with brand will not play any ideas i have sent mtu emails
but have not heard anything from them.
thanks bob
Old August 30th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

I am not sure what you are asking? What types of files?
What operating system?
Microstudio only sees the folder you have specified. If there are nested (sub-folders) it will not list them. Also, changed was that it no longer shows CDG files in the list, so if you have any of those you need to rename them with a BIN extension.
Old August 30th, 2007, 04:11 PM

what i mean when you open microstudio 4002 and go into browse and open the folder you want and it opens it will show title artist and filename
so in the filename section if i click on example 1023-15 kma the song will play but
if i click on cb90272-11 it will not play everything that is numbered is fine
seems anything that shows the brand will not play.
Old August 30th, 2007, 04:15 PM

im also using windows xp with all updates
Old August 30th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Wow! That is a good question because they are all the same regardless of filename (they are all KMA files, right?).
Were they all imported with Hoster and show the Artist and Title?
What is the error message you get when trying to play them?
Old August 30th, 2007, 06:05 PM

error message is UNEXPECTED ERROR PROCESSING THE ZIP FILE 0X00000200
C:DOCME~1\ROBERT~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\QPTRSZ86\AUOT.ZZZ
Old August 30th, 2007, 08:59 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by northlander View Post
Someone else reported this here . I recomended he delete those files in the temp folder (you can always restore them if need be). He's never posted back to tell us if that fixed it or if he tried that or whatever.

Sam
Old August 30th, 2007, 09:28 PM
VIP

Quote:
what i mean when you open microstudio 4002 and go into browse and open the folder you want and it opens it will show title artist and filename
so in the filename section if i click on example 1023-15 kma the song will play but
if i click on cb90272-11 it will not play everything that is numbered is fine
seems anything that shows the brand will not play.
Hmm - there's a problem alright - but I can't quite get to the bottom of it yet.
I had a look at a folder full of kma files that have the normal brand ID in front & the vast majority played fine. In fact I found there was just one disc that had the ID KJPP02 that showed up in MS as UNKNOWN ARTIST & TITLE.
In this case I was able to replicate your error message.
I thought the disc ID was incorrect anyhow so I renamed thes files KPP02.
I can't remember whether they played or not now - as I tried lots of things.
After renaming them I used Songverter to move and convert them into zip files. I then directed MS to this new folder & found the renamed zip files played fine.
I kept moving them and converting them so much I just ended up utterly confused!! I also found other strange behaviour - like tracks being added to the Playlist but only showing a time length of 30 sec!! Consequently they only played for 30 sec However using refresh or reselecting the default folder and then adding the same tracks to the playlist would result in them being added with the correct length of time - go figure!!
So long story short - I am also experiencing some problems.

Question:
How old/fast is your PC and are your files on a local disc or external usb??

Test Computer 1. Medion PC Win 10 Home
Name: MedionWin8-PC
Processor AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 Ghz
8Gb Ram 64bit OS
2. MEDION P7612 Windows 10 Home
Name Mike_P7612_17in
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM)4.00 GB
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/michael.pyne1
Old August 30th, 2007, 11:04 PM
VIP

Quote:
OK Here's what I've found so far.
The files that generate the error message - as per above - are all dated 14/07/2007. I don't think there is anything particularly interesting about the date - except that whatever program I used to convert these files from *.?? to *.kma files is/has caused the problem. At this stage I cannot guarantee they were zip files or possibly renamed old *.cdg files - I will have to look into it further.
All the other problems I mentioned do not occur on my other PC - so I am also checking out the possibility that it is system related.
If this is the case, it is significant to note that my PC that is having problems is only a P3 733mhz scsi.

MikeP
Old August 30th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator

Sam and Mike,
I just checked my temp file area and found the same thing. However the auout files were dated back in May so those can't be Songverter leftovers. However all should keep in mind that anything in the Temp directory is just that...temporary, so deleting those files should not cause any problems. If a program looks for a file in the temp directory and doesn't find it, it will go back to original location and either add it to temp again or play from the original.
Wouldn't be a bad idea though for MTU to look at the latest updates and see if any temp files can be deleted when the program closes to help prevent problems.
Old August 31st, 2007, 07:48 AM

my computer
it is intel(r) pentium 4 cpu 2.4 ghz 2.4ghz 1.00gb of ram 250gb
it is the schuttle that mtu sold i bought the unit from there.
the thing that puzzles me about all of this it worked ok with 4001
and still works fine with hoster.
Old August 31st, 2007, 09:56 AM
VIP

Quote:
my computer
it is intel(r) pentium 4 cpu 2.4 ghz 2.4ghz 1.00gb of ram 250gb
it is the schuttle that mtu sold i bought the unit from there.
the thing that puzzles me about all of this it worked ok with 4001
and still works fine with hoster.
OK - so it's not likely to be a PC local system problem.
The kma files that generate the error message for me Do have the disc ID.
Tha ONLY thing that is significant is that they were all modified on the SAME date.
So:
Do all your kma files that generate the error messages have the same date??
I have found a workround to fix them - as follows.
Before doing a huge quantity, just try one or two.
1 Using Songverter (hope you have it) select one or two faulty kma files and convert them to zip files. (I placed them in a seperate folder just to avoid any confusion).
2 Now using MS find these zip files and try playing them. They WILL play perfectly!!
3 Now using Songverter convert these zip files to kma files (if you have the zips in a seperate folder you can just add the kma files here also).
Voila - they will play perfectly too!!

Interestingly, I have found that the original faulty kma files are much smaller than these new kma files.

I will be interested to see how this works for you.
Old August 31st, 2007, 02:53 PM

hi mike
i did everything you said all a couple of songs in a new folder all my songs are kma so i changed them from kma to bin and them back to kma they played in both cases but what happens when you do that it does not show the artist or song title
i have thousands of songs that would have to be edited, there has to be something in 4002 that is causing all these problems,i did not have the problem with 4001 i,ve been trying to get answers from mtu for a week now , but haven;t heard anything i wish they would let me know at least if there working on the problem.
Old August 31st, 2007, 07:24 PM
VIP

Quote:
Were they all imported with Hoster and show the Artist and Title?
In addition to the above question, when did you import these files - what date??
You say they worked fine in 4.001.
As an interim remedy why don't you just use XP's System Restore feature and revert back to 4.001??
That way you can work with your files until this problem is sorted.
I'm fresh out of ideas right now and it looks like something that needs to be addressed. I hadn't realised that Songverter does not retain the Title and Artist info - something else to fix.
Sorry I can't help you any further. At least you now know you're not the only one and I am confident that MTU will get it all sorted out in due course. I presume you have formally requested help from MTU??

MikeP
Old September 4th, 2007, 09:11 AM

there has to be a bug in 4002, i took microstudio out and installed 3004 everything work fine then installed 4000 and 4001 all worked fine.
seems 4002 is having problems in reading the brand "chartbuster"
but example disc # and song 592-4 works fine. i have not heard anything from mtu on this problem . has anyone else have this type of problem and contacted mtu, and heard something from them i haven't heard anything yet. northland
Old September 4th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Were the files you are having problems with imported with version 3.004? Are they CDG files? If so you have to rename them with a BIN extension for version 4.002 to see them. Because of the all the formats that use the CDG extension for the graphics file, Microstudio now hides those to prevent mistakes.
Old September 4th, 2007, 02:40 PM

its hard to tell what version,that i used, i have from 2610-4002 alot of my songs were
on a cdg disc which i imported them and alot of my songs were zip files which i imported with hoster. its like i said i used songverter and converted from kma to bin and back to kma they will both play one problem , no title or artist you would lose everything and then have to edit every song which i have thousands.the software they used with 4001 works fine why can't they use that part of the software in 4002 which will recongize the songs just as 4001? northlander
Old September 4th, 2007, 09:48 PM

I was the first to post about this error message, sorry for not getting back to you guys. I still have the same problem with both my vista and xp laptops. I have tried everything you guys have suggested and it didn't help. I just reinstalled ver. 4.001 and both work fine again. I always get the same error message stated before about being able to play zip file. All my files are kma's converted from mp3+g zips.
Old September 5th, 2007, 06:10 PM
VIP

I opened that temp file today and found 2 mp3's and their coresponding cdg files (2 sets of mp3g's) that I recognized from something I was doing several days ago in MS.

I opened MS and found those songs there in zip form on the songlist. as soon as I changed folders they disappeared. I changed the folder back and the files would only reappear in the temp folder when I added the zip to the playlist or clicked the refresh button.
At no time did an aut. file show up in the folder, that one might be related to writing a disk which I didn't try. I did add the files to the write disk list which added nothing to the folder. I clicked "test cd before writing" button which errored because I didn't have a blank cd in. I cancelled which placed a cuesheet.info file into the temp folder.

When I closed MS it had no effect on the folder but as soon as I reopened MS they all disappeared.

I created and converted some zips using songverter and it had no effect on the temp folder.
Old September 5th, 2007, 06:46 PM

thanks for replying
i,m going to stay with 4001 and wait for mtu to solve this problem i sent them more details on the problems and hope it will help them to get everything going right with 4002. northland