MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old June 6th, 2007, 06:11 AM

MTU certified DVD+R/CDR CDG external USB burner

I had a Plextor burner I bought from MTU a long time ago that has packed up on me and no one seems to be able to look at it so now I need to buy a new one. I am considering the above MTU certified burner, but need to know if it burns onto normal CD-R disks like the Plextor did and not just DVD. My karaoke player does not play DVD's. I have just upgraded to Microstudio 4.001.
Old June 6th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaza View Post
I had a Plextor burner I bought from MTU a long time ago that has packed up on me and no one seems to be able to look at it so now I need to buy a new one. I am considering the above MTU certified burner, but need to know if it burns onto normal CD-R disks like the Plextor did and not just DVD. My karaoke player does not play DVD's. I have just upgraded to Microstudio 4.001.
Any DVD burner will do all CD burns as well as DVD. It is as good and is faster than the plextor you have as well.
Old June 15th, 2007, 11:31 AM

Have you installed Microsoft .NET FRAMEWORK?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/S...displaylang=en

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old August 14th, 2007, 10:44 AM

MTU certified CDG burner

I gave up on trying diferent burners, even after installing various things suggested to me, updating Microsoft etc. I found a kind man who agreed to send me a drive which I received yesterday, thank you to him, you know who you are!
The problem I have is I can't plug it in as there are no instructions whatsoever to tell me the wattage or voltage of the machine. I know little about this but I have been told that the US runs on 120v and the UK runs on 220v so a risk of blowing the machine up is eveident! If anyone knows what the MTU certified CDG external burner (Nexstar DX) runs on that could tell me then that would be great. Apparently some machines have an automatic switching system which changes depending what is plugged in but I have no way of knowing this and I am of course in the UK. It came with a US plug which I can buy an adapter for when I know what it runs on. I WILL get there eventually......a few more grey hairs won't hurt.......hmmmm?
Old August 14th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

My guess would be it should be rated for US (110V 60Hz). If there is an adjustment for it would have to be on the back (maybe a small indented switch like on computer cases) near the power cord. If not then you will need a step-down transformer.
Old August 14th, 2007, 12:44 PM

deleted.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old August 15th, 2007, 09:13 AM

MTU certified DVD+R/CDR CDG external USB burner

I'm hoping admin support will read this as I desperately need to know the voltage and wattage of their external usb burner as I cannot use it until I do. There was no instruction manual with the machine and no sticker or writing on it anywhere to tell me. I have emailed MTU support but heard nothing so far. I have an electronic company here that can sell me a transformer but they need to know voltage AND wattage so they know what power it draws. Admin support please read this soon!
Old January 15th, 2009, 02:59 PM

Issue with the same product

I burned a CDG with no problems, then went to rip a CDG with the unit and it said that it either wasn't hooked up(which it was) or that there was a "Firmware" problem. I tired with other CDG's and kept getting the same result. Anybody got any clues?
Old January 15th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1120 View Post
I burned a CDG with no problems, then went to rip a CDG with the unit and it said that it either wasn't hooked up(which it was) or that there was a "Firmware" problem. I tired with other CDG's and kept getting the same result. Anybody got any clues?
Not until you give us some more information.
What drive model number?
What firmware version? (Microstudio tells you in the Default Drive tool. It is the last part of the drive description.)
How old is it?
Did you try restarting Windows?
Did you try reading the drive through Windows Explorer?

You do realize you have attached your post to a 2 year old thread. You should actually have started a new thread rather than adding on to an old thread that is not related to your problem other than it is talking about the external USB drive.
Old January 16th, 2009, 09:34 AM

Thanks, Dale, but it was my bad. Brain fart or something. All is well. Thanks, anyway.