MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old April 2nd, 2007, 09:02 AM

Form for planning wedding music, etc?

Hi,

I'm looking for a nice form to use for planning phases of a wedding. Doing a combo DJ/KJ wedding for a couple who met at a Karaoke night I host. I don't really like doing weddings, but they talked me into it.

I'd like to see if anyone knows of, or has one to share, a nice form I can use to fill out songs, times, the order in which they would like things to happen, special requests from the bride and groom, etc.

Does anyone have or know of one?

Thanks in advance.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:23 PM
VIP

I think what I did once was to check out a number of DJ sites that advertised and included their contracts and other forms for various functions. I think you'll find what you need by googling "DJ" or "deejays".

Good luck.

Old April 2nd, 2007, 06:59 PM

Thanks Bryant, I'll check that!
Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:34 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrosier View Post
Hi,

I'm looking for a nice form to use for planning phases of a wedding. Doing a combo DJ/KJ wedding for a couple who met at a Karaoke night I host. I don't really like doing weddings, but they talked me into it.

I'd like to see if anyone knows of, or has one to share, a nice form I can use to fill out songs, times, the order in which they would like things to happen, special requests from the bride and groom, etc.

Does anyone have or know of one?

Thanks in advance.
and you can also make a playlist of wedding songs if you go to one of the sites.. most of the times the first hour of the wedding is so boring. mostly slow jams..just remember you might want to ask the bride and groom for songs they would like you to play..they will actually give you the time and when to play certain songs...dont' forget to play the couples theme song..i hate doing weddings too..too formal!!!!

Last edited by billyo; April 2nd, 2007 at 11:41 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
and you can also make a playlist of wedding songs if you go to one of the sites.. most of the times the first hour of the wedding is so boring. mostly slow jams..just remember you might want to ask the bride and groom for songs they would like you to play..they will actually give you the time and when to play certain songs...dont' forget to play the couples theme song..i hate doing weddings too..too formal!!!!
Yeah, formality is the main reason I've turned down three weddings. I have a few DJ's locally I recommend for them, who are good at it, and like doing them. I do this as a release from my "real" job, and prefer singing and "enjoying" the crowd and other singers at Karaoke nights, where there is much less stress. This one was kind of "special" as they met at one of my Karaoke nights, and REALLY wanted me to do it. I made it VERY clear that I was not as good at weddings and didn't really WANT to do one, and if they wanted a combo Karaoke/DJ party type wedding, then I would be OK with it. They were totally on board... We think. <g> If this one is a bust, it'll be my last one. Thanks for the info!
Old April 5th, 2007, 07:46 PM

wedding planner

HERE IS ONE THAT I USE ALL THE TIME.

HOUND DOG BOB

BOB'S OKEYDOKEY KARAOKE & DJ SERVICE LTD
TOLEDO,OHIO
robert_stevens@verizon.net
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DJwedplanGenPDF.pdf (45.5 KB, 18 views)
Old April 5th, 2007, 08:58 PM

That's great Bob! Thanks.