MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 28th, 2007, 11:50 AM

Unhappy Removing Lead Vocal While Playing

I just upgraded to 4.002 and didn't find a way to remove the lead vocal while playing. I like the Microstudio 4.xxx series, but I'm surprised it will not remove the lead vocal; are there any work arounds?

Thanks,
Wes
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Bottom left button called Vogone. This uses preset removal levels. This is the lite version. If you need a more agressive vocal removal try Vogone.
Old August 28th, 2007, 04:52 PM

ddouglass

Thanks for the input, but I'm sorry to say it doesn't remove the lead vocals from a karaoke disk. It needs a left and right audio to sync them to remove or reduce the audio in a stereo cd. In the karaoke disk, the lead vocal is normally on the "right" track. When I played a karaoke file the lead vocal was on the right and when I operated the vogone, the vocal switched to both sides and increased in volumn.

Wes
Old August 28th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

What you are looking for then is a way to remove the multiplexing and no Microstudio doesn't do that. You did not clarify in your first post that you were talking about Karaoke songs.
Old August 28th, 2007, 10:43 PM

Smile

ddouglass

Isn't communication a wonderful thing. I guess I didn't explain what I meant by "lead vocal", but yes I was referring to lead vocal in a karaoke track. I was hoping the upgrade would allow me to disable it while I was previewing the track. It would be nice to have that feature, so I could record myself singing without the lead vocal. I guess I have to stay with tracks that have no lead.

Thanks again for your quick response,

Wes
Old August 30th, 2007, 12:36 PM
VIP

The latest Vogone 3.2 due out...well most any minute...will take a multiplexed song and create a new track with just the music channel you could use in Microstudio.
Old August 30th, 2007, 09:51 PM

Smile

mindonstrike

Thanks for your input, howerever, as the warden said to Cool Hand Luck, in the movie of the same title, "What we have here is a failure to communicate." All I wanted to know, was if there was a feature in the new Microstudio to silence the L-track when I was previewing a multiplex karaoke song. I knew the older version didn't allow for this, and thought I read somewhere that the new version would do this. I now know this feature is not included in the new version.

Wes
Old August 30th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

Not yet but I did add it to the wish list a couple days ago. I WAS NOTICINGTHAT TOO WHEN TESTING SOME TRACKS. nOT THAT i HAVE ANY DESIRE TO RECORD MY OFF KEY VOICE, BUT JUST FOR LISTENING PURPOSES. Sorry about the caps, but I am not typing that all again. Shift key is half the size of the caps lock.