MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 31st, 2003, 01:14 PM

cue sheet error & bad medium message - custom cdg

recently, i attempted to make a compilation cdg of 16 songs, 76 minutes, on an 80 minute CDR. i received two error messages. #1 was an error message regarding invalid line xx, invalid cue sheet, and previous track blah, blah. i removed 2 tracks, leaving 14. tried again. this time the creation started, but in the middle of writing the first track, i get a bad media error message. creatin terminated destroying a perfectly good CDR. happened 3x before i gave up.

is there a limit to the number of tracks on a custom cdg one can create with Microstudio outside of time constraints/CDR capacity that i am not aware of and/or can someone offer a solution to my problem.

backgorund info

system: win98, plextor ide 1610a, 1gb ram, 7200rpm HD, directx 8.x, lot of HD space. using Microstudio 3.210 as i found it to be the most stable for my system.

i have created custom cdgs with up to 16 songs in the past, but while doing so, got a lot of discs with 9, 13, 14, alomst 16, then finally got a complete 16 track disc.

thanx
Old January 31st, 2003, 03:46 PM

Post Number of Tracks

HC,

Not sure what your error messages mean. Maybe someone else can anwser that one, but as far as the number of tracks; your limited only by the total length of disc minus a "write out track" (for a better word) Until I got my laptop and Hoster, I was averaging about 20 songs per disc. Some discs as much as 27. Most of my 50-60's music is on the same discs. Those being shorter length songs, I was able to put more on.

Kelly
Old January 31st, 2003, 04:05 PM

Sounds like you need to slow your write speed down for the media you are using.
Also I found that when building custom discs using just A thru Z instead of titles allows the tracks to come off like ducks in a row, and allows me to write at a faster speed.

Jim
Old January 31st, 2003, 05:10 PM

custom cdg problems

thanx, kelly and jim. your suggestions are good and i will try them.

changing writing speeds may help the latter part of my problem, but not the former.

write-out track???

is there are minimum time limit one cannot go below for a write-out track? the disc i was trying to create w/16 tracks left over 2 minutes of space free. is that enough? once i took away 2 tracks, this left over 8 minutes and appeared to solve my problem. but, that seems like a waste of space. by the way, the 2 tracks i removed came from the same disc and brand, pophits rock monthly.

is anyone aware of any special encoding stellar records may be using that would prevent my using their tracks?

some more info:

i am reading at 8x and writing at 8x, well below my system's capabilities.
Old January 31st, 2003, 05:32 PM

Lightbulb Cue Sheet Error

HC,

I guess when in doubt we all need to read the directions. Look in you manual, it discusses this error and from what I can ascertain, it means that one of your tracks is damaged; not that you have too many tracks. It describes how to determine the problem. And no there is no minumum limit on songs. I have made discs with just one song on it. (if I had to do a special song for a wedding for example).

Kelly