MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 29th, 2007, 01:03 AM

Troubles with my converted files

Files that were converted by songverter to kma and wma-g are posing problems for my microstudio both in playing them and burning them to a custom assembly disc. Is my Microstudio bad, or is my songverter bad, or something else? The non-sonverted bins and songverted mp3-g files don't have the same problems.
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:39 PM

Microstudio and Songverter both iffy on my computer

I've tried a lot of different combinations, naming not naming, kma, wma, mp3, converting from bins, converting to bins, play with microstudio, play with other software. Here's the bottom line

Songs that were songverted to kma or wma-g do not play well on Microstudio, (snap, crackle, pop) nor do they burn to a karoake disc. (Invalid music file)

Using songverter to convert "songverted" kma or wma-g back to bin or mp3-g produces files that are shortened and sped up. Microstudio not only plays them that way but shows their length to be around/or exactly half as long.

Other software perfectly plays the wma files that are created by songverter from bins into wma-g

One program, with a cdg plug-in perfectly plays the wma-g files created by songverter.

I converted the wma portion of a wma-g to mp3 using Goldwave; Microstudio had no problem playing the resultant mp3-g (no snap, crackle, pop)

Hoster created kma files seem to play fine on Microstudio (no snap, crackle, pop) I'm using the demo and my kma files are shortened, but other threads seem to report complete satisfaction in this area

I'm going to try to load everything on another computer, but I don't think my computer is the problem, since the Hoster created KMA's went through without a hitch.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 03:39 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahern View Post
Files that were converted by songverter to kma and wma-g are posing problems for my microstudio both in playing them and burning them to a custom assembly disc. Is my Microstudio bad, or is my songverter bad, or something else? The non-sonverted bins and songverted mp3-g files don't have the same problems.
I took a bunch of bins ripped with 4.002 and songverted several to kma and several to wma+g, and songverted several back to bin. Played side by side with original bins, all converted songs played nice and clean, no snap crackle or pop and all were the proper duration.
I then wrote all those songs to a disk along with the original bins and some oddball stuff just to eat up the excess time, and played them in Microstudio and Hoster and My JVC player. All songs sounded and played exactly as they should.
I did this twice: once with Vista and once with XPpro.

Sorry I have no advice to offer. Hopefully someone else will. Also submit a help ticket to support and see what they say.

Sam
Old September 3rd, 2007, 11:39 AM

Thanks for the Reply

Thanks for the feedback. As soon as I can get Microstudio set up on another computer, I will try to isolate which one of my components is the guilty party.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 02:48 PM

hardware accelaration

I might have to change my hardware accelaration. How do I do that using XP?
Old September 3rd, 2007, 02:59 PM
VIP

start/run type in dxdiag, after the screen comes up click the sound tab. You'll find a slider in there you can adjust.

Sam
Old September 3rd, 2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahern View Post
Songs that were songverted to kma or wma-g do not play well on Microstudio, (snap, crackle, pop) nor do they burn to a karoake disc. (Invalid music file)
Try creating a track in KHP and export to KMA, or of you already have a KPR file in KHP, use it to export to KMA, and see if the results are the same when you play in Microstudio.

If it is, then since Songverter was not involved, the problem may be in Microstudio. If it plays fine, then it may not be a software problem, but perhaps a file problem.

Just trying to get some process of elimination going by seeing how a KMA that has not been used in Hoster or Songverter performs....dunno.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old September 5th, 2007, 12:55 PM

128 works but doesn't

Converting bins to playable files for kma and wma-g seems to be remedied by switching from 160 to 128. I even burned a disc with these new 128 files, but there are sync problems when I play this disc on Microstudio. The graphics are way ahead of the music. When I create a bin from the burned disc, the sync problem still continues. Grrrrrr

George, thanks for the KPRO advice. Unfortunately I can't install Microstudio on the same computer that has KPRO on it. (MTU hasn't responded to my ticket yet ) The best I could do was create a bin on one machine, songvert on that machine and test on another Microstudio version. 4.000, again with that machine Except for not recognizing the wma-g, it recognized the kma and seemed to play it well.

The other machine with 4.002 had the same trouble with the 160 sonverted KMA and wma-g files, AND played the bin file out of sync!!!