MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 20th, 2009, 04:23 PM

playing vcd files

Ok 3rd time trying this lets see.

The main thing is what version would play vcd files from disk I just get a blank screen now because hoster takes over the drive and will only see cda files i would think. Or is this a windows or netframe problem? because i know this did work at one time.

2nd would like hoster to play files right from disk this import and del crap is a pain unless it works fine for you then good for you and im sure some things work for some and not for others and maybe all things work for some.
Old August 20th, 2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
Ok 3rd time trying this lets see.

The main thing is what version would play vcd files from disk I just get a blank screen now because hoster takes over the drive and will only see cda files i would think. Or is this a windows or netframe problem? because i know this did work at one time.

2nd would like hoster to play files right from disk this import and del crap is a pain unless it works fine for you then good for you and im sure some things work for some and not for others and maybe all things work for some.

i don't remember hoster playing vcd directly from a disc, you have to import them first as a dat.file once imported click on the video and hoster will find them..i think it all started on version 4.xxx i might be wrong, but after 4.06 you can only see the vcd video on viewers screen..

Last edited by billyo; August 20th, 2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old August 20th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

I have always and still can play video files in Hoster straight from Video disc's. Just click the video tab and navigate to your CD/DVD, it probably depends what codec you have on your system. But you can't play CDG graphics.

Roy.
Old August 20th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I am not clear on what you are talking about here. Are you referring to importing from a singer's disc then deleting the file after playing it? If so is it that the file deletes after play that you don't like or what?
Playing directly from disc sounds simple enough, but it isn't that easy to program. You might want to put this idea in the New Features forum. The biggest problem I see with this is there would no way to do any error correcting if playing directly, which means whatever condition the disc is in is what they get. Hoster does have the best error correction of any program out there.

Last edited by ddouglass; August 20th, 2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old August 24th, 2009, 11:04 AM

codex

yes you maybe right but i have not changed anything on this lappy and i could read from cd drive before now it shows a blank disk page when looking for a file from cd drive. Not sure what codex i would need but will check this out because if others can see files on drive i should also thanks.
Old August 24th, 2009, 11:09 AM

Roy

Thats what I wanted to know because i could see files on disk before but nothing can be seen from disk now mp3 or video files the only files I can see from disk drive are from cdg disks.
Old August 24th, 2009, 11:26 AM

Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
I am not clear on what you are talking about here. Are you referring to importing from a singer's disc then deleting the file after playing it? If so is it that the file deletes after play that you don't like or what?
Playing directly from disc sounds simple enough, but it isn't that easy to program. You might want to put this idea in the New Features forum. The biggest problem I see with this is there would no way to do any error correcting if playing directly, which means whatever condition the disc is in is what they get. Hoster does have the best error correction of any program out there.

Thanks Doug the only problem I have with importing from disks is if i put say 4 good import tracks in from disk and on the 5th disk hoster dont like the track from that disk hoster would then crap out and need to be re started. But after restart the other 4 tracks are now marked played and need to be imported again. So that is why I thought it would be nice just to play direct from cd drive and if track is bad then we can go from there and tell them it can't be played for what ever reason. Also at one time I thought it would be hard to have a program play from cd drive but there are programs that do just that now. But in any case I can live with that problem not being able to see files from cd drive is the big problem and not sure why it is doing this now i have service pack 3 and all uipdates for xp pro. It will play video files fine from flash or hard drive hoster just wont show files on disks after its running mp3 or video files nothing. BUT if I close hoster then goto cd drive it will show files on disk.

Hope this info helps
Old August 24th, 2009, 11:34 AM

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
i don't remember hoster playing vcd directly from a disc, you have to import them first as a dat.file once imported click on the video and hoster will find them..i think it all started on version 4.xxx i might be wrong, but after 4.06 you can only see the vcd video on viewers screen..
Yes bill it could play a single file ay a time from disk video or mp3 file. Now with hoster running will not show any files on cd drive or disks after tunning hoster off then files can be seen. Hoster is taking over the drive and I can understand this but for some reason its not showing files for me and if it is for other then im missing something it was working at some point and on the same lappy also. Wish I had just left the version that did what i needed alone and never upgraded and then find things have changed and dont work like before so yes its my fault.
Old August 24th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks Doug the only problem I have with importing from disks is if i put say 4 good import tracks in from disk and on the 5th disk hoster dont like the track from that disk hoster would then crap out and need to be re started. But after restart the other 4 tracks are now marked played and need to be imported again. So that is why I thought it would be nice just to play direct from cd drive and if track is bad then we can go from there and tell them it can't be played for what ever reason. Also at one time I thought it would be hard to have a program play from cd drive but there are programs that do just that now.

Hope this info helps
What version of Hoster are you using?
Version 4.09 does not mark those as played or unavailable any more. They are only marked that way after they have been played for a singer. Then the file is deleted and marked as played in the list. Even if you close Hoster normally if the file has not been played yet then it does not delete it or mark it as unavailable.
Hoster was never designed to be able to play directly from disc and as Roy said it will play videos that way but not karaoke videos with the lyrics.
The only way it will even list the VOB or DAT files on a disc is through the Video button.
Old August 24th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Depending on which version of Hoster you are running in 4.09, when you click on the video tab top right, in the window that opens under the file name is another drop down box, make sure "All video files" is selected otherwise it will only show a selected few. That box allows you to search for specific types of video formats.

Roy.
Old August 24th, 2009, 11:14 PM

playing files from disk

Quote:
What version of Hoster are you using?
Version 4.09 does not mark those as played or unavailable any more. They are only marked that way after they have been played for a singer. Then the file is deleted and marked as played in the list. Even if you close Hoster normally if the file has not been played yet then it does not delete it or mark it as unavailable.
Hoster was never designed to be able to play directly from disc and as Roy said it will play videos that way but not karaoke videos with the lyrics.
The only way it will even list the VOB or DAT files on a disc is through the Video button.
Thanks guys yes I know how it should work have used hoster from version 3.08 till now. Also I know how the buttons work or should and at one point they did for me also. But for some reason cant read vcd disks from cd or dvd combo drive it comes up blank even when I pick all files to show not sure why this is even under mp3 button with music disk comes up blank I cant be the only one that is having this problem and if so Im not sure why at this time.
Old August 24th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

I am confused now. What MP3 button are you talking about? Do you mean the Audio button?
Do you have Nero or Roxio installed on this computer? I am getting the feeling that this may be the problem. Hoster does not lock the CD/DVD drive for exclusive use and never has. The only way it would is during an import and that is normal for any program.
Old August 25th, 2009, 12:21 AM

doug

Quote:
I am confused now. What MP3 button are you talking about? Do you mean the Audio button?
Do you have Nero or Roxio installed on this computer? I am getting the feeling that this may be the problem. Hoster does not lock the CD/DVD drive for exclusive use and never has. The only way it would is during an import and that is normal for any program.

Yes doug audio would not work right also looks like I found what was making hoster not work right was a video plugin for media player file show or something like that removed it and looks like video from disk is working ok now. Wow not sure how that happened must have been an update or what ever but looks like all is working now thanks for your inputwill try with 4.09 looks like it may work fine now good to see thanks for all your input hoster is rocken again.
Old August 25th, 2009, 01:46 AM

i kinda suspected that you didnt have the decoder so i tried to re-create your problem using my mini laptop, even though i didnt have hoster on it, tried to play a vcd using an ext. dvd player ( mini laptop did not come with one ) wmp opened up but it wouldn't play, got a blank screen with an error msg.."dvd player did not have the correct dvd decoder" to play video files..i installed the k-lite full version decoder, and its now able to play vcd and dvd.. glad to hear you got it working..