MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 20th, 2003, 08:33 PM

Question Help!! Please, lots of probs

Ok, here is my computer info:

Wins XP
312 MB RAM
Intel Celeron 800 Mhz
ATI Rage 128 Pro vid card
CDR HP 9100 series

I have MS v2.312 on disk, I installed it while using my onboard SiS video card, microstudio recognized my CDR. when I clicked on play all I would get is a black screen. My CDR wouldn't read the disk at all, none of its lights would come on. I read in teh forum that that version doesn't work with XP.

So I downloaded the demo for v 2.4 and switched video cards (now using the one listed above). I still get the same results, just a black screen and the CDR isn't working. I also bought a HP USB 8200 series and microstudio isn't even seeing that one.

Any advice would be GREAT

thanks

Lacey
Old July 20th, 2003, 09:01 PM
Honor Roll

What type of disc are you using? Do the tracks appear in the list when you click "TOC Refresh" When you select the track, and click play does anything happen? Do you get audio? It could be many different things, answer these and maybe we can narrow it down a bit. Also you might try the import tracks tab, and see if you can import the tracks.

Flip
Old July 20th, 2003, 09:07 PM

I am trying a Karaoke StarDisc. When I click on TOC refresh, the tracks appear, but when I click on the play button, I get a black screen, like its going to start, and then nothing. No audio or graphics.
Old July 20th, 2003, 09:11 PM
Honor Roll

OK, try this: Open Microstudio, click on Drives and select ASPI Drivers. This will open a window with two options, try switching this and click OK. You will then have to close MS and restart it. See if it makes a difference.
Old July 20th, 2003, 09:16 PM

Question

Ok, I just tried the import tab and this is the error box I received:

Error: Unable to read AUDIO sectores 35655 to 35680 on device 1:1:0
Illegal command request

Old July 20th, 2003, 09:18 PM

I changed the ASPI driver to the default driver and theonly thing it did was not recognize any of my CDR drives
Old July 20th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Honor Roll

Sounds like the disc has MediaCloq copy protection on it. Look on the disc and see if it mentions MediaCloq anywhere. If this is the case there is nothing you can do to get that disc to work.
Old July 20th, 2003, 09:45 PM

I don't see it anywhere, I have tried a couple different discs and it does the same thing no matter what kind I try
Old July 20th, 2003, 09:59 PM
Honor Roll

You mentioned a USB drive as well, does this drive give the same error?
Old July 20th, 2003, 10:16 PM

Microstudio is not even seeing teh USB drive, I can use it with CDs but in Microstudio it isn't in the list after I click on detect drives
Old July 21st, 2003, 12:10 AM

Cool It's not a MicroStudio problem!

Lacey,

The error you are receiving relating to your HP 9100 series, appears to be related to the burner, NOT MicroStudio. The HP 9100 series is rather old. It was introduced before Windows 2000 (that’s when Windows 98 was king!) It needs specific drivers for newer operating systems

Windows XP does not support all capabilities of that drive; it only supports its reading mode, to use all these drive capabilities you need to install Windows XP specific drivers and perhaps you may have to upgrade the firmware.

HP has reported many compatibility problems with that drive, especially when it comes to using high speed CD-RW media. In fact, HP advices that only 1X-4X media be used. Any other type of media could cause damage to that media.

Now, if you want to continue using this drive, the first thing you should do is make sure that you have installed the latest drivers for your operating system and also check for any firmware upgrade. Once that’s done, we can start solving the rest of your problems.

Remember though, even if and after you get these installations, you still will be able to write no faster than 4X.

Does this drive truly supports CDGs? I don’t know, the specs don’t mention anything about it.

If you want to enjoy CDG writing to the fullest using MicroStudio or any other CDG software package, my suggestion is that you should consider buying a true CDG certified recorder such as the Plextor AND if you want a true guarantee, then you should buy one from MTU as they test every single drive they sell before it’s shipped to the customer.

If on the other hand you decide to keep your HP, then we will do our best to get it running for you.

By the way, MicroStudio v2.312 works very well under Windows XP.

Best regards,

Jon
Old July 21st, 2003, 10:36 AM

I would like to try and get my hp 9100 working, but I cannot find the updated driver for win xp anywhere, its getting frustrating.

Thanks for all the help
Old July 21st, 2003, 10:58 AM

Lacey,

You can find the Windows XP driver for the HP 9100 series by
clicking here

Remember, you may still need to upgrade the firmware.

Good luck,

Jon
Old July 21st, 2003, 10:59 AM

Lacey,
Jadams is correct on this drive. The problem is that the drive is saying that it supports the CD+G format, which it did for sure under 98 and ME. What is happening is Microstudio is sending the CD+G commands to the drive it is not understanding what to do with them under XP. This is why you get the error stating "Illegal Command Request". The drive doesn't know what you are asking it to do, so this is why it is not working.

Here is the Link to HP's site: http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwar...mit.x=13&cc=us

I don't think you will beable to get this drive to work under XP with Microstudio.
Old July 21st, 2003, 11:21 AM

Lacey,

You should use the link MTUSUPPORT is giving you above. It doesn't require a registration like the one I gave you and it comes directly from HP.

Good luck,

Jon
Old July 21st, 2003, 04:01 PM

Thanks for all the help! I finally got mad and formatted my hard drive and went back to Win 98 (like it better anyways), I am still having the same problems with my HP 9100, my USB CDR is working great and I can use it. I have concluded that my 9100 is a piece of crap.

But once again, thanks alot for all the help
Old July 21st, 2003, 07:34 PM

HP9100 POC

Got in a little late on this one. When I first read your problem, I wanted to suggest something.

Remember that even though you are playing from the cd rom, the sound is actually regulated as Wave sound on the sound card. If you look at your volume control, make sure the wave has not been muted.

I had an HP9100 and it worked fine in windows 98. Your HP might indeed just be broken. If you import tracks to your hard drive from the USB drive, does Microstudio play them?
Old July 22nd, 2003, 11:36 AM

Yes Microstudio plays the songs after I import them. I burned my first CD last night and Microstudio would only play the first 3 songs on the burned CD.

I am going to download the ASPI for USB and see if that works.

I will keep you posted
Old July 22nd, 2003, 12:48 PM

I downloaded the ASpi for USB drives and I lowered the write speed to 2x. All the songs show up now, but they all skip.

After further reading, I went into dxdiag and lowere dthe hardware accleration. Hopefully that works