MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 5th, 2004, 12:24 AM

Unhappy cdg and wave files

I got your reply from admin and flip about cdda audio and cdg formats, and not being able to burn a cdg using wave and cdg files together. Then how do I do this considering all audio cd's are wave files. I am using regular music cd's to words that I wrote in khp. Where do you get the music to put with the words to make a karaoke cd other than wave files. Is there a way to convert these wave files so that I can burn my final project. as a cdg? I am totally lost. It sounds to me that I wasted all my time creating all these songs to copy to a cd as a cdg. Please help, thank you agtain.
Old May 5th, 2004, 04:21 PM

Extracting cdg from an Audio disc

Assuming you have an appropriate cd drive (plextor etc.) You can tell microstudio to extract cdg even from non-karaoke discs. These are perfectly useable cdg files even though they have no graphics.
Old May 5th, 2004, 06:37 PM

Must disagree.

You cannot extract a cdg file from an audio disc. All that does is change the extension from .wav to .cdg. It will play in Miscrostudio, but serves no real purpose to do so, other than to be able to play audio tracks in Microstudio.

Karaoke Home producer will not be able to import a track with a .cdg extension for processing into a completed cdg. It takes a .txt file for lyrics and an audio .wav file to process into a cdg in KHP.

George
Old May 5th, 2004, 07:29 PM

Disagree all you want

I didn't say you could process these files in KHPRO. That would be a WAVE file, which I say these are not. It is not simply a name extension trick. Try changing the name back to wave and you will find that wave centered programs will not recognize them. These are not wave files.

They may save procedures depending on what you have going. Perhaps you don't see a real purpose in this knowledge. But if it is true it is true. Did you try out what I am saying? You say that these are simply wave files with a name change? What experimenting have you done? I don't understand why you are disagreeing.
Old May 5th, 2004, 08:08 PM

Rythymace is asking where to get files other than .wav to make cdg's with Karaoke Home Producer.

You admit the files you come up with won't work in Karaoke Home Producer, so what solution to his problem does your method serve?

The simple answer to his question is you cannot use anything other than .wav audio files to create cdg's with KHP. The program will only recognize .wav...

That was the heart of my disagreement with your post.

George
Old May 5th, 2004, 08:18 PM

A Mixed Project

George,

You said that my info was of no use. You didn't just explain that I missed somebody's point. Sometimes my posts are not exclusively for the original poster. (I have reread the original post and am still a little unsure of the need there)

Everybody else,

A while back I was asked to provide music for a teacher's retirement dinner. I was asked to sing some songs, other people were to sing, without practice, and I was to play appropriate music when the guest of honor was introduced. I chose to use my karaoke stuff. The songs I sang were cdg's. The music for the introduction was Theme from "Superman", obviously not a cdg karaoke song.

I wanted a program disc.

This would require either a mixed burning session (not possible) or making my non-cdg songs burnable in a cdg project. What I described in my previous post would be a perfect solution. I disagree that there is no use. I not only disagree, but I have shown and described a valid use. It might not be for everyone, but it is there, really and truly.

(On the above mentioned occasion I used KHPRO to make a cdg, only using the word "Superman" as text. I didn't have it on disc; I had to download it. Otherwise, I would have extracted it as a cdg. Since my original response I have once again tested these things and made sure everything was right)

Just an option for those who wish to mix burn and are using audio cd's

Last edited by jahern; May 5th, 2004 at 08:30 PM.
Old May 6th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Administrator

Re: cdg and wave files

Quote:
Originally posted by rhythmace
I got your reply from admin and flip about cdda audio and cdg formats, and not being able to burn a cdg using wave and cdg files together. Then how do I do this considering all audio cd's are wave files. I am using regular music cd's to words that I wrote in khp. Where do you get the music to put with the words to make a karaoke cd other than wave files. Is there a way to convert these wave files so that I can burn my final project. as a cdg? I am totally lost. It sounds to me that I wasted all my time creating all these songs to copy to a cd as a cdg. Please help, thank you again.
Run Microstudio.
Click the Import Tracks Tab.
Insert your Audio CD disc in the drive selected as Reading Drive.
Click the WAV button (not CDG button).
Click the Read CD Tracks button.
The list of tracks on this disc will appear below.
Click the Sel field check boxes by the song tracks you want.
For each selected song, enter a name to store to the hard drive.
Click the Import Selected Tracks button.
After all the selected tracks show IMPORTED.

Your desired song tracks are now in the selected Folder, each named what you entered above.

You can now open any of these .wav files into KHPro and use them to add your lyrics to. Once you have placed your lyrics, you can export the Karaoke song as a CD+Graphics format .cdg file.

You can then add this and other .cdg files into the Microstudio Custom Assembly Tab (use the Add Track from Disc button), and burn them to a CDR disc.
Old May 7th, 2004, 01:50 PM

Mea Culpa

It seemed to me from the original post that rhythmace was interested in burning wave and cdgs on the same disc.

Quote:

I got your reply from admin and flip about cdda audio and cdg formats, and not being able to burn a cdg using wave and cdg files together. Then how do I do this considering all audio cd's are wave files.

I thought rhythmace was trying to use KHPRO to accomodate this. My solution would work if that were the case. (Not burning waves and cdg's together but quickly grouping, both Karaoke and non-Karaoke pieces together on the same disc without using KHPRO)

However, if the prime objective was soley to extract, rip, import wave files for use in KHPRO then my response was not to the point. Admin is of course to the point, assuming this scenario. I did not mean to infer otherwise

If
Old May 7th, 2004, 02:08 PM

rhythymace asked:
Quote:
Is there a way to [b]convert these wave files so that I can burn my final project. as a cdg?

QUOTE]Where do you get the music to put with the words to make a karaoke cd other than wave files
[/quote]

I think ADMIN missed the point. Ryhthymace is asking how to use files other than .wav to make cdg's in Karaoke Home Producer, and that won't hunt. There are two statements in his/her post that indicates that.

Last edited by George; May 7th, 2004 at 02:18 PM.
Old May 7th, 2004, 02:29 PM

I won't disagree

Converting files:

Of course there are different kinds of audio files which can be converted to wave.

MusicMatch Jukebox or Roxio seem to be good programs out there that will help in Converting files.
Old May 10th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Administrator

rhythmace....

I think you need to give us some better clarification of what you are trying to do. It is rare, but I agree that I have misunderstood what you are asking. Given the emotions in this Thread, I think we can all use more input from you.

Please give us exactly what you want to do. DO NOT assume we understand anything about your desire/need.
Old May 10th, 2004, 10:37 PM

Unhappy

Here is what I do step by step, to help you understand what I am asking. But first let me explain about the music. I start with a song like Jean by Oliver from a music CD. I copy it to my c:\jean it copys as a c:\jean.wav file. I have the lyrics typed in using khp. I then take the song & lyrics and click on import to cdg after I'm done setting the lyrics & song together. Now I'm ready to burn it to a cd by clicking on karaoke cd+g, then add track from hard drive I highlight the song then click open and bingo it's on the list. But the karaoke cd+g button grays out. I try to burn it and the disc won't copy. The drive ejects the cd. I am using the right drive, which is Plextor Plexwriter 48/24/48U. Sorry to cause all this trouble.
rhythmace
Old May 11th, 2004, 01:40 AM

All CD+G files KHPRO created?

Are you only dealing with files created by KHPRO? Are you having success burning cd's with cdg files extracted by Microstudio? Does Microstudio play the cdg files that you create with KHPRO? Does it play the other cdg files?

The cdg button grays out on me as soon as I start the list. It does it with useable cdg files and with impostor cdg files. (name extension change only) The graying out in and of itself doesn't signal a problem.

What message is there when the program refuses to burn?

(Hope I can help this time)

Old May 11th, 2004, 08:32 AM

Rhythymace,

Suggest you go to the following section of the FAQ page and comply as much as possible.

http://mtu.com/kb/index.php?page=index_v2&id=6&c=root

There is also conflicting info being given here. Are you using unaltered .wav files or not?

It might help also if you would list step by step exactly what you are doing with which MTU programs from start to finish, and exactly what happens at each step, including any messages you are getting.

This has been going on for six days now, and we're no closer to knowing what the real problem is than we were, let alone a solution.

George

Last edited by George; May 11th, 2004 at 08:37 AM.
Old May 11th, 2004, 09:11 AM

Conflicting Information

George and Rhythymace,

I apologize if my above response caused what George is calling "conflicting info".

Of course, I am wondering if the ability to put on a list but the inablility to burn is caused by having faulty files, so I am testing for that. I only found out that the "graying out" effect is normal, no matter if the files are good or bad.

Today I tried to burn using a list of good and bad files and got this message

ERROR: Invalid cue sheet command at line 36
Previous file is not a multiple of the specified block size

The drive did not eject

I got the same message (different line number) when I tried to burn only faulty files.

The drive did not eject.

Unless Rhythymace got this message I would rule out faulty files. It sounds like maybe a drive or even a media problem.
Old May 11th, 2004, 11:18 AM

Jahern,

The post of mine was not addressed to you in any manner.

I think I'd best get outa here. It's turning into confusion city for sure.

George
Old May 12th, 2004, 09:39 PM

Talking cdg and wave files solved

ok george admin jahern and whoever else participated in this post. I went through this step by step and guess what. It works I am very sorry for all the troubles i've caused. I don't know what happened to make it work, but it does. I was able to burn a cd. It must be the computor operator. again I appologize. I will keep you informed if I have any more problems
thank you very much the rhythmace

Last edited by rhythmace; May 12th, 2004 at 09:46 PM.