MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5

Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5 Discussions for Microeditor versions that use Krystal DSP Engine audio card

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 14th, 2002, 04:41 PM

Importing 24 bit WAV files

I agreed to edit a project where a multitracked live event has been supplied to me on a hard drive with track files in 24-bit WAV format. I had assumed that Microeditor's ability to work with 24-bit files included importing 24-bit WAV files. It turns out that this is not the case and I am following up on Dave's suggestion that I turn to you good folks for work-around ideas.

I am currently using version 5.2b, soon to upgrade to v5.5.

I am aware of the possibility of manually editing the header of each file to turn them into Microeditor sound files. This is impractical, though not impossible. The live event comprised two shows, each with 18 pieces of music of 12 mono track each (432 discrete files). Another subsequent show resulted in about 150 additional files. Files vary in length from about 2 min per track (in sets of 12) to about 12 minutes.

Does anyone know of utility programs or another editing product that will permit importation into Microeditor?

I solicit and welcome all ideas. A feasible solution may benefit all of us. This issue may walk in your studio some day.

Thanx for your response.

Gordon Wildman
Wildman Music Group
ghwildman@aol.com
801-262-1576