MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 28th, 2009, 07:57 PM

Volume Scale, Vogone 3.30

With the latest Vogone upgrade (3.30) I'm finding that the volume level readout (next to the output Volume adjustment setting) appears only when I click on the Play/Original button or the Vogone play button. Consequently, when I'm ready to save the vocal-removed file with the Save As... button, the volume level readout is not displayed while saving to file. The file processes and saves okay, but I get no visual readout during the process as to what the volume level is. If I then hit Save As... again and rerun the process, the volume level readout scale reappears. This means that if I want to be sure I'm getting a proper recorded volume, I have to save the file twice.
Old March 29th, 2009, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

I do not know of any program that shows a volume level during the Save process. It is being saved at what ever level you set it on the volume control the last time you played the song through. As long as you don't move the volume control before saving the file then the volume level is correct for what you heard and saw through the last play.
Old April 6th, 2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
I do not know of any program that shows a volume level during the Save process.
Vogone used to show a volume level during the Save process prior to version 3.30. Version 3.30 also does it correctly (showing the volume scale during Save) if I save it a second time, as long as I don't click on any other controls before re-saving it. If I do click on any other controls before re-saving, it reverts to the volume scale disappearing during save.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
As long as you don't move the volume control before saving the file then the volume level is correct for what you heard and saw through the last play.
This is a glitch, pure and simple. I shouldn't have to do it twice to get it to do it properly. I don't customarily listen to the entire track in real time to check the volume level. I watch the scale during the faster Save process to see if it might need adjusting.
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Ok. I see what you are saying, but what do you gain from seeing the vue meter during the save? You cannot make any changes at that point and it does save at whatever settings you had set during the testing. I admit they have a minor glitch but it doesn't effect the operation of the program or the output of the file.
Old April 8th, 2009, 04:53 PM

I don't usually listen to the entire track before the final saving to the .bin file. Once I adjust for the best settings on the sample selection, and maybe a little more, I save to the .bin format. Since the Save runs faster than normal playback speed, I watch the volume level readout to see if there are any excursions "into the red" over the rest of the track. If there are no red readings, I'm done. If there is red, I then can go to whatever area of the track showed red and reduce the volume to suit, then re-save. Because of the bug, however, I must either re-save to see the readout, or preview the entire track in real time.
Old April 8th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry but unfortunately that is the way it is with this release. So until they can get back to working on Vogone for another release you either do it the way you are or listen to the whole song in playback first. I have reported it to MTU and that is all that can be done for now.
Old April 9th, 2009, 04:33 PM

Thumbs up

Thank you, Dale. That's all I was after.
Old December 1st, 2010, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Re: Volume Scale, Vogone 3.30

I verified your reported problem. It's a bug, and I've spec'd it to be fixed in the next Vogone release.

However, it is not a high priority to do right now so please just do what you are now doing until we have a fix.