MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old December 12th, 2006, 08:24 PM

serious problems!

Ok This is the only forum I can post on. I tried to edit my account, i can't. I tried to make a new one, I can't. I tried to send for my password, It didn't get to my email. Bleach2550@sbcglobal.net

My Real Problem. I bought a computer from MTU the "mini pc system". and my secondary display has gone black and white. it the computer because my cdg player plays in color. and when I move something from screen one to screen two it goes from color to black and white. I've check all display settings I can think of?? i may have missed one somewhere but i don't know where.
Old December 13th, 2006, 04:31 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKiller View Post
Ok This is the only forum I can post on. I tried to edit my account, i can't. I tried to make a new one, I can't. I tried to send for my password, It didn't get to my email.
If you have a spam filter make sure it is turned off and/or make sure mtu.com has permission to send you mail

Quote:
My Real Problem. I bought a computer from MTU the "mini pc system". and my secondary display has gone black and white. it the computer because my cdg player plays in color. and when I move something from screen one to screen two it goes from color to black and white. I've check all display settings I can think of?? i may have missed one somewhere but i don't know where.
As dale suggested in the other thread the first thing I would check is the svideo cable. I haven't seen this problem a lot on here but when I have it's always ended up being a cable issue. When I had this problem a couple of years ago my cable worked fine for one computer but not my other one (which fooled me into thinking it was the graphics card). When I finally tried a new cable, it fixed the problem.

Sam
Old December 13th, 2006, 09:04 PM

thank you very much. I rechecked my cord and it was bad. weird that it would go black and white and not just go out but hey it works now
Old December 13th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

Most of the time it is the outer ground (return) that will break. Enough signal will get through to give you black and white but the color doesn't get enough to drive it...thus black and white out.

Glad you found it.
Old December 14th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKiller View Post
Ok This is the only forum I can post on. I tried to edit my account, i can't. I tried to make a new one, I can't. I tried to send for my password, It didn't get to my email. Bleach2550@sbcglobal.net
First, your Forum registration is bleach2550@sbcglobal.net (note the lower case).

Emails, passwords, usernames, etc. are USUALLY case sensitive. So, if you enter Bleach2550@sbcglobal.net, but your real email is bleach2550@sbcglobal.net, it may not get delivered. Please be aware of this "Internet" related problem, and always pay attention to UPPER/lower case in everything you type in for emails, passwords, and usernames. I suspect this is the reason you are having problems.