MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 24th, 2007, 08:28 PM

Not sure if this is the forum to ask but...

I have been using Hoster for over a year now and just love it. During slow times in a show, I will often call up a song and sing parody lyrics to the music. This has gone over well with audiences and several people have asked to sing the parodies. Ok here is what I want to know. First and foremost is it legal and secondly is it possible and thirdly is Microstudio the program to use to custom write parody lyrics (graphics) for a song. I don’t own Microstudio as of yet so I haven’t experimented, but what I want to do is take existing KMA file from the Hoster songs directory (or go back to the original CD+G disks if necessary) and replace the graphics with my own lyrics and save them as a new KMA file for Hoster. Optimally if I could do this with MP3 or WMA files and remove the vocals with Vogone that would be great.
Old February 25th, 2007, 08:36 AM

Seems like there would be no problem where the lyrics are concerned, if you wrote the major portion of them. If you only change a word here and there and pass them off as your own, then plagiarism as well as copywrite infringement may come into play.

I'd imagine the same copywrite laws would apply where the music is concerned. You may be held accountable to produce the original disc that the music came from, just as any other Karaoke track being used at a public performance.

Karaoke Home Producer is the MTU program you'd need to create a new Karaoke track. You would also need Microstudio to import the music tracks to the hard drive for processing with KHP, and burning the finished product to a cd, if you wished to.

You also mentioned Vogone.

That being the case you might want to take a look at the Karaoke Suite pricing structure.

Erectile dysfunction treatment