MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old April 2nd, 2004, 05:08 PM

Any help appreciated.........

I am trying to find karoke discs/song sfly..leg ect.but am totaly new to this whole thing?how do I play the karoke songs on comp..with words and can anyone offer me any burning advice?
Old April 3rd, 2004, 01:20 PM

Jumping In

Buy MICROSTUDIO and an appropriate cd burner and you have taken a big leap forward. (Lengthy explanation to follow)

MTU has lots of software products for karaoke lovers. Except for Hoster, the file formats that these products work with are .wav and .cdg files. CDG files are the files used by the software to create Karaoke cdg discs like what you buy at the store. Wav files are used to create discs that do not show graphics when played on a cdg karaoke machine. They are audio only.

Cdg and Wav files are big files requiring 20,000 to 50,000 or more kb for normal songs

To take a Karaoke disc from the store and extract or import .cdg files onto your computer you need a special kind of cd-rom. (This is discussed in detail on the MTU web page) Many brands have worked and do work with Microstudio, the software for backing up and burning cdg karaoke discs, but the current consistent brand is Plextor. The Plextor drives that MTU sells are all tested and certified. I see entries from a lot of people who are having troubles because they bought their drives from some other source. It's OK to see if whatever drive you have works, but if you are going to buy a new drive, I recommend that you get it from MTU. Programs like Microstudio also need special drives to write or burn cdg karaoke discs using cdg files (or their equivalent) The drives sold by MTU will both read and write discs in the cdg format.

In addition to extracting cdg files from cdg Karaoke discs, copying cdg discs, or compiling cdg files and burning custom discs, Microstudio also has a player that will play both the files and the cdg karaoke discs on the computer showing graphics on the monitor and sounding the music. To play the cdg karoke discs again requires these special cd drives. The files can be played even if no cd drive is present. The play feature is more ideal for home and personal use.

Hoster is really geared to put on a professional Karaoke show using the computer. The same cd drives are necessary but Hoster can extract compressed files. You can fit thousands of songs on the computer drive because the .kma files are much smaller, only requiring 2,000 to 4,000 or so kbs. I don't own it so I can only talk basics.

So Buy MICROSTUDIO and an appropriate cd burner and you have taken a big leap forward. You won't regret it.

Try acekaraoke.com to find a lot of discs to purchase. Other stores exist but this will get your feet wet.

I'm not sure what this means "karoke discs/song sfly..leg ect."

Have your questions been answered? Hope I helped.

Good Luck