MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 12th, 2008, 09:24 AM

Microstudio 4.006 Does Not Show My 600 Song Files

Hi, I'm Jeanne and this is my first post.

When I open Microstudio 4.006 none of my song files are there anymore yet they are still where I saved them in Windows XP. For a test I tried to import another song and the progress box flashes rather than fill up now and almost immediately it says the song has imported. However the song never shows up in the song list and when I try to play it I get a flash of a black screen and then nothing.

I removed Microstudio with the add/remove program and reinstalled it with the 4.006a update and have the exact same problem. It is as if the program is corrupted!

Please anyone, what is going on?
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Jeanne. Welcome to the forums. Let me ask you a few questions so we can narrow down the problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne View Post
Hi, I'm Jeanne and this is my first post. When I open Microstudio 4.006 none of my song files are there anymore yet they are still where I saved them in Windows XP.

Does the location box next to the Browse button up top have the same path as the location of your files or does it have something else?

Are the files Karaoke or Audio and is the correct button highlighted in Green above the list window?

If both are correct, then click the Refresh button and see if it builds your list of files.

Quote:
For a test I tried to import another song and the progress box flashes rather than fill up now and almost immediately it says the song has imported. However the song never shows up in the song list and when I try to play it I get a flash of a black screen and then nothing.

This one is going to be a bit more complicated. There are a few things you are going to have to do.

First check your drive in the Tools Default Drive and make sure that it says it can Read and Write Karaoke disks. Also note what make/model the drive is and what firmware version it has (last item in the Drive Label).
  1. Have you done ALL the updates from Microsoft for your computer. When I say ALL I mean going to Microsoft Updates web page (link in your Start Menu and in Internet Explorer Tools menu). When you get there Click on the Custom button instead of the Express. Wait for it to calculate what updates are available and then do All of them. This will take a while and you may have to go back several times to the website as some updates require restarting your computer for them to finish.
  2. Be sure you have the latest firmware for your CD/DVD drive. You should be able to find this from the manufacturer's web page and they should have any newer ones available in their Support section.
That should keep you busy for a while and hopefully will fix this. Be sure to post back here if you are still having problems with it. Also just so you won't have to post about this...Key Control doesn't work in this 4.006a version. MTU is aware of the problem and working on it.

Last edited by ddouglass; December 12th, 2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old December 12th, 2008, 03:21 PM

Hi DDouglass,

I should have mentioned that I have had this installed in my computer since February 2008 and that everything worked fine until a week ago. I opened the program and pressed on the browse button and all my karaoke (BIN) files disappeared from the window below.

Jeanne
Old December 12th, 2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Hi DDouglass,

I should have mentioned that I have had this installed in my computer since February 2008 and that everything worked fine until a week ago. I opened the program and pressed on the browse button and all my karaoke (BIN) files disappeared from the window below.

Jeanne
Hey Jeanne,
Did you make any changes to your computer or add any programs before this problem started a week ago?

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old December 12th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Did you perhaps delete any files in the folder where your BIN files are located? Such as a "Microstudio-Karaoke-List.txt" and/or "FileErrors-Karaoke-List.txt".
Did you try hitting the Refresh button? Microstudio does not read the folder to check for new files everytime you open it. That is what the Refresh is for.

As to the other problem, try removing and re-installing one more time but this time on the personal information page there is a check box down at the bottom of that screen that will delete the registry entries along with removing the program. This will set the program back as if it is brand new with default settings. You will have to reset anything you have changed since installing in February, but this will eliminate any corruption or misdirection that may have gotten into the program since then.
Old December 12th, 2008, 04:27 PM

Hi Jim,

I added a program two days after this problem began but other than that I made no changes for months.

When this first acted up Microstudio put an icon on my desktop automatically that was named (FILE ERRORS-Karaoke-List) after I tried to make a karaoke disc.

Jeanne
Old December 12th, 2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Hi Jim,

I added a program two days after this problem began but other than that I made no changes for months.

When this first acted up Microstudio put an icon on my desktop automatically that was named (FILE ERRORS-Karaoke-List) after I tried to make a karaoke disc.

Jeanne
If you made no changes to your system (and you know nobody else made a change to your system) before Microstudio was installed then something must be corrupt. Do as Dale recommended and let us know what happens.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old December 12th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hi Jim,

Jeanne
That would be that some how you changed the folder location where your files are to the desktop. That is the only way it would put that file on the desktop. And why your files do not show in the list.
Click the Browse button above the list and point Microstudio to the right folder where your files are located.
Old December 12th, 2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
That would be that some how you changed the folder location where your files are to the desktop. That is the only way it would put that file on the desktop. And why your files do not show in the list.
Moving the folder where the files were located would be a change in her system to me. I learn something every day, thanks Dale!

Jim

Old December 16th, 2008, 05:44 PM

i had nothing to do today, so i decided to do a little rehearsing,for saturdays gig , when i opened up ms , got this msg : no files ( " empty" ) i tried the refresh button, nothing, no kma files , no zip or bin files found, so i just decided to removed the ms, instead of looking for the files, and re-installed ms, as i am typing i am re-importing again..no big deal, like i said i dont have anything to do today..
Old December 16th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Did you look in the folder where they are supposed to be? Is MS still set to point to that folder and are you set for Karaoke Files (not Karaoke CD or Audio Files or Audio CD) in MS?
Old December 16th, 2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Did you look in the folder where they are supposed to be? Is MS still set to point to that folder and are you set for Karaoke Files (not Karaoke CD or Audio Files or Audio CD) in MS?
yes it was karaoke files ,its kinda my fault though, i imported some songs and put it on a separate folders..song 1 song 2 and 3 , and then i decided to moved them to mtu/song folder, i got a msg. of can not moved to a same source folder..so i did a refreshed and the only thing that refreshes was the folders 1-3 , but anyway not a big deal, i only use ms for practice..