MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 4th, 2008, 05:53 PM

Unhappy Microstudio 4.006 problem: inaccessible

Microstudio 4.006 is not working AGAIN. I thought my Microstudio problem was solved (see October 26th thread with same name) and left for a trip. When I got back, I tried to open Microstudio and got the same non-response: hour-glass opens for 5-10 seconds, then nothing. Taskmanager shows Microstudio.exe as a task with 0 CPU, but does not show Microstudio as an application. Other programs (e.g., Windows Explorer) don't work properly until I go in to task manager and delete Microstudio.exe. I haven't installed any new software since it worked last.

I removed Microstudio (which deletes all the MTU folders in the C:\\Programs directory. I used REGEDIT to find and delete the MUT key.
I rebooted, reinstalled the Micro-studio softare, rebooted and got the same non-result.

Would 4.1 help? Any other suggestions?

Last edited by EclecticProf; November 4th, 2008 at 05:55 PM. Reason: add date
Old November 4th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Something else is causing this to happen. There are just too many people out here who use it without having this problem.
Microstudio 4.10 should be back out soon so maybe updating to that will fix it but I am having my doubts.
Run a virus scan with your Antivirus. Also run a spyware detector program to see if something else is changing something.
Old November 7th, 2008, 11:53 PM

Smile Microstudio Working Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Something else is causing this to happen. There are just too many people out here who use it without having this problem.
Microstudio 4.10 should be back out soon so maybe updating to that will fix it but I am having my doubts.
Run a virus scan with your Antivirus. Also run a spyware detector program to see if something else is changing something.
My system is pretty clean. Have had NAV for 5 years; run SystemWorks everyweek along with full disk check. I just bought my current system this past June and I don't do games or download freeware.

But I noticed that the "new" (4.1) version of Microstudio mentioned enhanced resilience to registry problems and I noticed there were a few complaints about Norton's handling of registry problems, so I got the 2009 Norton 360, uninstalled microstudio 4.06, used Regedit to delete the MTU registry directory, ran 360 again, rebooted, installed microstudio, rebooted and VOILA it worked. I've restarted and rebooted several times since then; no problem. I've installed Keywrite and used it; no problem getting Microstudio to come up.

This was just in time. I was ready to buy Karaoke software from a competitor. I just couldn't afford any more time on this problem.

Thanks again for your helpful suggestions.
Old November 8th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

Glad you got it working because 4.10 didn't work right and they have scrapped it because of some major problems with the code. They are now working on 4.20 with some major code changes that don't have those bugs.
I knew something outside the program was causing this, especially after you had done all the other things and then deleted the registry settings for Microstudio to get it to work th efirst time and then it quit. Glad Norton 360 fixed it.
Old December 12th, 2008, 08:52 AM

x

Last edited by Jeanne; December 12th, 2008 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Posted in wrong location!