MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old March 26th, 2001, 11:51 PM

Question

Trouble recording with the Plextor 1610A.
I have run into a problem I cannot burn a cd period at 16X. I can burn a pregap then get the message; Record not successful.
NOTE: You have to have the new Microstudio program in order to use this drive (version 2.2.)

There is one other Item that needs to be addressed DMA.
It must be on or you can't record faster than 6X. I was using the drive as a firewire and you cannot add DMA as an external. If any one else ran into this problem I hope this info helps. Mtu has responded VERY QUICKLY to any of my questions sometimes the same day within hours. Keep up the
Good work MTU !

[Edited by DW on 03-28-2001 at 04:44 PM]
Old March 29th, 2001, 04:57 PM

Exclamation PLEXTOR 16/10/40 BURN SPEED

I have (2) plexwriters and I am very disappointed in their reading and writing speeds! I just called plextor tech support and they told me that my hard drives (Western digital)20gig 7200rpm (ata66), and 40gig 7200rpm (ata100)are too fast and prefer to run at ata33 transfer rates! I am going to go home and set my cmos(bios) to mode 3 on my hard drives and try it out. I'll let you know my findings.
Roger
Old April 4th, 2001, 09:12 PM

Question Still trying for faster speed

I posted a NEW THREAD (SORRY FOR THAT) by Mistake.

I have made all the changes I think have to be made, in order to record at a higher speed.(more than 6X)

I have enabled DMA.
I have made sure auto insert is off.
I have reset my Bios PIO to 4 and DMA to 2.

I have only the Plextor 1610 on the 2nd IDE Channel and added an 80 pin cable which is 12 inches.

At 16x I can burn a pregap and when it starts to record I get...Record not successful.

At 12x I can burn a pregap and 1/3 of the first track....
record not successful

at 10x SUCCESS ! I was able to burn a CDG fully. Great graphics, Great sound, with very minor degradation in the lyrics(some artifacts).

Is there anything else I can do to record at a higher speed, or this the best I can expect from a Plextor IDE 1610TA for CDG. My Hard Drive is 7200rpm ATA/66
I have a Sony CRX140E thats burns 8x no problem
(firmware 1.0n).
Are you going to add an enable burn proof(check Box)to Microstudio? I have been able to record at 16X with another software program(CDG)using TDK 16X Media. Which uses this feature.

[Edited by DW on 04-08-2001 at 04:08 PM]