MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 30th, 2001, 06:00 PM

Thumbs down

I have just installed the latest version of Microstudio v2.3.0.3, but I am having problems,
I have a Plextor 16/10/40 and a Yamaha 6x4x16 writers, I can make copies ok using any as reader or writer, but if I try to play a cdg, it is ok on the yamaha, but if i select the plextor to play, i get an error message that Microstudio has caused an error in Microstudio.exe.

I have reinstalled over the previous installion of microstudio, still the same error,
I have then installed my previos version,V2.2.0.0, and then installed the later version as a seperate program in a different folder.

I can now run both versions, the new version still gives the error,
the previous version is perfect and has never given any problems and gives no errors at all.

Anyone have any ideas how to correct this.

I am using Windows ME

John
Old June 2nd, 2001, 08:26 AM
Administrator

V2.304 now underway to solve problems

We added a large number of changes in V2.303, creating 19 different versions that were all tested at MTU. We have 20 beta testers and we released 5 of the 19 versions for them to test. We didn't have one tester report any of the errors now being reported, and we never saw any of these problems.

We have already started on V2.304 to solve all the problems being reported. We hope it won't take long. We added advanced caching in the read and write code, and suspect this has caused some of the problems with the CD-Recorders.

Thank you for reporting your problems. The more reports we receive with as much explanations as possible, the faster we can reproduce the problem and fix it.
Old June 4th, 2001, 09:15 AM

I also had this same problem but with different drives,
I have got a yamaha 8424 and a yamaha 2100 with version2.2 both play tracks but with version 2.3 when trying to use the yamaha 2100 it comes up with the same problem you had.

PS I know the 2100 is no use for recording cd+g except at 1x but it plays the tracks and reads them fine, and I didnt pay for it anyway it was a freebie for putting some trade a mates way.

Cheers Chris