MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old October 5th, 2004, 02:10 PM

Now it works, now it doesn't

I'm using a brand new (only 3 mos. old) external TDK DVDR+RW/CDRW 840G burner, which successfully burned one CDG for me without any problems. Now when I try to burn CDG's using this drive I receive the following error message.

"Error: 'TEST UNIT READY' command failed on device 2:1:0. Device contains no disc or is not ready (04h 00h 02h 02h 3Ah 01h)."

Anyone have an answer to this problem?
Old October 6th, 2004, 10:02 AM

Re: Now it works, now it doesn't

This normally means that the Hardware is having a problem recognizing a disc in in the drive. Have you tried burning Audio CD's with this drive using other programs? Does it work all of the time or do you have the same problems that you are having with Microstudio?

This is not a drive that should work correctly for Karaoke. Try using the Duplicate disc tab but select Audio Cd instead of Karaoke, and see if it will work. Let me know what you find.
Old October 7th, 2004, 06:35 PM

Re: Now it works, now it doesn't

Thanks for responding. Nope, doesn't work. I think I probably have a defective drive, which really ticks me off considering it's almost new. It did successfully burn a CD+G for me, though, so I know it worked once.