MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old March 10th, 2003, 10:26 AM

Sony CD-RW CRX220A1

I have purchased this CD-RW unit for creation of Karaoke Utility Discs for my shows... the trouble I have is that Microstudio does not recognise this Sony CD-RW Unit to read and write CD+G!

This seems strange as with other software... [deleted] It will read and write CD+G flawlessly without any errors... This seems very strange to me... It copes with writing speeds of upto 52X without any loss in the Audio or Graphics.

I am a user of Microstudio for the custom assembly and playback of my creations and also the user of Karaoke Pro CD+G creation software...

Is there anyway that Microstudio can recognise the Sony CD-RW Unit?

It is not a major problem because I can create my utility discs in Karaoke Pro [deleted] and them burn them to disc using [deleted] software...

Is there an answer to this!!

Cheers

Glenski
Old March 10th, 2003, 01:12 PM

Does the drive show up as a Writing device when you click on Audio instead of Karaoke?

If it doesn't then we don't yet support that drive at all. If it does show under Audio, as a writing device, then we don't support it for CD+G.
Old March 11th, 2003, 05:27 AM

CD-RW

Under Duplicate disc selection and control it is only seen as a reading device and not a writing device.

This is the same with custom assembly also.

Under the detect drives button it is detected as an audio drive but not karaoke.

Does this help!

Cheers

DJ Glenski