MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old September 18th, 2009, 07:10 AM
VIP

Problems with newer Chartbuster's ?

Does anybody else have problems singing from CB disks released in about the last year?

Their older disks would continually add new lyrics so you always new what was coming up. In their new format the whole screen has to sweep before they paint a new screen. Fast songs are particularly difficult for me as you need to sing the first couple of words before they even register in my brain. Even slower songs are a problem as they tend to do a poor job of picking good spots to stop one page of lyrics and start a new one. I've had several complaints about them being hard to sing. I've sent CB a couple of emails to their customer service but have never gotten any reply.
"She's Country" by Jason Aldean is a good case in point. I've had to write out the first line of many of the pages on a piece of paper just so I can sing the song.
I know SC does theirs the same way but they usually pick decent spots to repaint new screens.

Is this my imagination or do others experience the same problems?

Sam
Old September 21st, 2009, 11:58 PM

mindonstrike i've never liked chartbuster karaoke lyrics from the get go. That nasty brown color they use is just dreadful. I get their country and pop hits monthly since Top Hits Monthly went out of business. It seems now chartbuster is making each page 5 to 8 lines long, a whole page changes not line by line, and without warning. They can't be tapped out by anyone who actually knows music or has any sense of timing at all. I will put my KH Pro projects against any chatbusters anyday, anywhere, anytime. Full of errors, out of syth, bad changes as you mentioned. But, right now it's just about all we have. I'm not getting any complaints, they are usable of course. They don't even back up that well with microstudio either. When i was building my hard drive for hoster, chartbuster gave me more then a few problems. Even mtu administrators tell you not to test a drive with chartbuster disc, it's right in the manual.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

"Nasty Brown color"??? All the Chartbusters I have use a Blue background with Gold (yellow?) lettering. There was a brand using a light brown background that used to drive my TVs out of sync, but I don't remember which brand it is.
The new format of changing the whole screen helps to keep down the number of glitches by wiping the screen clean.
When that was put into the manual is was mainly because the cheaper disks they were using for reproduction that had thinner backing making the data harder to read with more errors produced. Both Hoster and Microstudio have made huge strides in the error correcting department that now I don't have any Chartbusters with glitches. If I find one that we missed I just re-import with the newer versions of Hoster and no more problems.
Actually now I would say a Chartbuster disc would be an excellent test for a drive to see just how well it performs. Not sure I would use it for a test to determine if a drive will work in Hoster or MS.
I haven't had any complaints about them or there sync though yes I think most are a slight bit early which works fine for slow responding drunks.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 08:08 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
"Nasty Brown color"??? All the Chartbusters I have use a Blue background with Gold (yellow?) lettering. There was a brand using a light brown background that used to drive my TVs out of sync, but I don't remember which brand it is.
The new format of changing the whole screen helps to keep down the number of glitches by wiping the screen clean.
When that was put into the manual is was mainly because the cheaper disks they were using for reproduction that had thinner backing making the data harder to read with more errors produced. Both Hoster and Microstudio have made huge strides in the error correcting department that now I don't have any Chartbusters with glitches. If I find one that we missed I just re-import with the newer versions of Hoster and no more problems.
Actually now I would say a Chartbuster disc would be an excellent test for a drive to see just how well it performs. Not sure I would use it for a test to determine if a drive will work in Hoster or MS.
I haven't had any complaints about them or there sync though yes I think most are a slight bit early which works fine for slow responding drunks.
Same here. I concur with everything above as well. Some TV's may show those gold colored words as a sort of browninsh tint to them, however.

Old September 22nd, 2009, 09:33 AM

Ummm...i'm not color blind yet..lol no one was mentioning background colors. Ahhh..i do reconize blue when i see blue. We were actually discussing lyric lines, not background colors. And any problems with chartbuster disc we have encountered. And on my monitors my lyric lines are a golden color, not a true yellow by any means. Of course i may be once again wrong again. Perhaps we're also not having any trouble with chartbuster either. Perhaps the author of this thread isn't actually having trouble with chartbuster after all, just like hoster 4.09d will not import any CDG's on my laptop and mtu had to build 4.09e for some of us. I still don't like the way chartbuster sweeps, and i had problems importing them at times, and still do. I think??? Sorry i mentioned it.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

I wasn't jumping on you Musicman. I am sorry if you took it that way. I was just saying I had never had any problems with them and my singers have never complained about them either.
I must not have any of the older ones because I don't remember seeing any where they changed line by line instead of page by page. Sam and you obviously have some of those.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 08:38 AM

I prefer Chartbuster. I get the latest Country disc each month and have found no problems so far...knock on wood.
Old September 24th, 2009, 05:42 AM
VIP

No problems here. I have many of the older discs & don't see where their swipes have change - except that they use a more readable font than when they first started.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old September 24th, 2009, 08:28 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonman View Post
No problems here. I have many of the older discs & don't see where their swipes have change - except that they use a more readable font than when they first started.
It's not the swipes that have changed it's the fact that they don't replace lines as they go. They wait until the entire page is swiped and then paint a new page full of lines.

Sam