MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old December 10th, 2002, 07:38 PM

Question about Plextor Drives

I have seen a few drives for sale and I keep trying to compare to the list of compatable drives at www.mtu.com.

I am a fan of Plextor. I saw that Buy.com has the PX-W4012TA/SW but MTU closest listing to that is the Plextor PX-W4812A. Will this work?

Also, I found someone selling a PX-W2410TA but MTU.com list a PX-W2410A. Is this the same?

I bought a Yamaha F-1, the new fancy CD-Recorder and when I tried to copy or even play a CD+G CD, the video was all distorted.

Is this as hard as it seems? I keep being told that there is no real list of drives that work and that no matter what you do, you are going to have trouble playing and copying CD+G Disk.

I would appreciate any help.
Old December 10th, 2002, 11:38 PM

Nitewatch,

MTU certifies every burner they sell to work with cdg mode when bundled with their own software. The reason they can do this is because they bench test every cdr drive they sell.This takes them time and effort, and they price their drives accordingly. Neither can they be responsible for another vendor's software not working with one of their drives.

If you purchase a Plextor drive elsewhere, and software other than MTU's, it SHOULD work.

If you purchase a MTU certified Plextor drive and MTU software, it WILL work, and if there's a glitch in your system that prevents that, they will work with you to get it working.

So you see, it's not really hard at all, if you shop the right source.

Take care,

George
Old December 11th, 2002, 07:43 AM

Nightwatch,
You make me so proud, there are so many threads where people go out and purchase a drive, then complain about it not being MTU supported. You checked out the supported drives first, WAY TO GO!!!
George is correct, if you want a drive to work with out problems get it from MTU, they check them out, sell the ones that work, and send the rest back to Plex, and most likely end up on the shelfs of your local discount computer store because only a few of us need them able to handle CD+G's

Jim