MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old March 28th, 2002, 09:00 PM

Yamaha 3200EZ

All,

I can use microstudio to read a karaoke cd

I can use cdrwin and make bin files (rip the orginal karaoke cd)

. I can then use DART Karaoke Author to read the ripped bin file on the HD. It sees the graphics and plays audio fine. The I write it to cd using CDRWIN...

try to use I then try to use microstudio and all I get is the sounds music. no video. If I take the "copied" cd to the karaoke bar, try to put it in their players
(DVD -v555 and there jvc xl-sv22)

I get was sound-music-. JUST NO VIDEO..

If I use microstudio and "custom assembly" add track from cd. then write cd it goes to recording pregap... Finished
Writes fine.

I then usemicrostudio to read new tack on cd that I just made, I get sound, with music, but video is way!!! way !!! messed up.

system
Dell PIII 800
256 Megs Ram.
build on intel video 4 megs.

Any ideas?

Thank You

wildthing@popmail.com
Old April 2nd, 2002, 11:25 AM

This Yamaha drive will not copy Karaoke Correctly with our software or CDRWIN. All Yamaha drives from the Yamaha 8432 and up to the latest ones have problems copying CD+G discs without the graphics getting all distorted. There is no way to fix this on your drive, the only remedy is to replace the Yamaha drive.
Old January 6th, 2003, 11:09 PM

thanks for the response.. another question though..

Hey everyone
Wow! Talk aboutt a huge response That's so great of you guys to be there! Ok. Next question/proposal. So the Yamaha isn't going to work, alrighty, fun. Before we had the yamaha, we had the Plextor 4824, and according to the microstudio version we had before (I believe it was 3.15 or something) it said that it wouldn't do karaoke disks. On the list that you have on the website it has 4812T, mind you we are new to this and don't know the whole basis of compatibility, would the old plextor burner we had work? I think it's our only other option, Best Buy only sells those two kinds of 'karaoke' burners. Thanks again!

A very surprised Don and Rachel
Old January 7th, 2003, 08:11 AM

QUOTE:
Microstudio 2.400 is released!!! (December 29th, 2002 until January 29th, 2003)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have just released Microstudio 2.400. It has a new ASPI driver that it installs, which should solve all the problems we have had in the past with ASPI drivers.

It also supports the new Plextor 48x IDE and USB CDR drives that we sell.

It also has a new CDG Player code, that supports the older full screen display and a new windowed display mode. You can select which you want to use. It also supports a dual display card (ATI or equiv) so your control play list can be on one screen and the Karaoke singer's screen on a TV.

If you own Microstudio 2.314-2.316, click your download link and it will now deliver the new 2.400 code.

If your link reports there are no more downloads available, or you have 2.312 or earlier, please go to our store and purchase the Microstudio Upgrade at:
http://www.mtu.com/store/merchant.mv...crostudio2315u

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above is posted at the header of each page, if you still have your link that was e-mailed you, use it to get your free download with the new version that will work with your 48X Plex.

Jim

Last edited by jim in ohio; January 7th, 2003 at 10:23 AM.
Old January 7th, 2003, 10:23 AM

Yes,
As JimInOhio stated the Plextor 48X drive is now supported and does work correctly with Microstudio 2.400. This drive will work as the Yamaha will give you the broken graphics as you have seen.
Old February 3rd, 2003, 10:48 AM

Yamaha Drive

I had a Yamaha drive Nothing but problems, I threw it away and bought a Plexwriter 40x12x40 and Eliminated all my problems!!!
You may want to do the same!!
Old February 26th, 2003, 10:54 PM

Lightbulb Let's Clarify

This Yamaha does work with cdg's, if your running 98 or Me do not enable DMA it will not show the graphic properly.

Also, the recommend reading speed is 30x not optimal.

With XP, no problem with DMA enable but keep the 30x speed.

I can burn a cdg with no graphic problem at all & up to the manufactures max speed.
I use Fuji (still made in Japan) & have excellent results.

Please let me know if my comment help anybody

Regards: