MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 6th, 2002, 12:38 AM

Question Skipping and Sticking at the start of a CDG File

I am having problems playing a cdg file from CD Rom or HD. When it first starts you see the graphics and hear the music and after 3 or 4 seconds it starts making skipping sounds (like an old 45 record) over and over and never goes past that point. The funny thing is it copies and imports fine. I have upgraded...didn't work, then uninstalled and reinstalled...still didn't resolve this issue. I am running a PIII 733, 512MB Ram, VIA Chipset, And windowsXP.

I'm ready to pull my hair out.
Can anybody help?

Thanks in Advance!
Old February 6th, 2002, 03:01 PM

What type of Sound Card do you have installed in this computer? I believe this may be a bug related to the Sound Blaster Audigy Sound cards. We have one on order so that I can test this, but I don't know for sure. It could also be the Sound Blaster Audigy and Windows XP.
Old February 6th, 2002, 07:49 PM

Sound Card

Guess What? It just happens to be an Audigy, but it seems to be starting over and over again approx 3 secs after it starts. Is that the same problem? It would explain why it copies normally then. Would you replace the SC if it was you? A SB Live would not work with my ATI capture card, so I guess I'm between a rock and a hard place as far a standard equipment.
Old February 7th, 2002, 03:25 PM

I have ordered a Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX to do some testing on, it should be here on Monday, so then I will beable to give you a more exact answer as to if it is the card itself.
Old February 8th, 2002, 08:40 PM

Problem with Audigy

Bryan,

I tried a Philips sound card just to see if it was the problem and it does work, however I'm not very pleased with the quality I can notice a huge difference. I reinstalled the Audigy to see if I could make a few changes to get it working correctly...I could not. I wonder if it could be a simple setting somewhere? Maybe even a conflict to do with the VIA chipset? If anything turns up let me know...until then I'll keep trying things.

Thanks,
Old February 25th, 2002, 05:03 PM

It seems that if you only install the Drivers for the AUDIGY to run, it will work ok. If you install of the Programs that come with the Audigy including the Remote Center it seems to have a problem. I will try to find more details on this problem and explain more if a fix is found or anything.
Old February 27th, 2002, 12:20 PM

Question

Brian, are you using the installation CD that came with the sound card? Do I need to get update for Windows XP? Is it better to uninstall everything than reinstall only the windows drivers or can I uninstall selected items. I think the remote center and creative taskbar was part of the problem, as well as the sound mixer. I will be trying to uninstall just those parts to see if it works. Also, when you tried the SB Audigy, what windows are you using, Windows 2000? I have Window XP Prof. Just want to make the multistudio and KHPro to work for now. But would like to be able to use other features of SB Audigy later.
Old March 1st, 2002, 02:46 PM

Karen,
I have not tried updating the drivers from Creatives website. You can try this and see what happens and then let me know if you have time to try this.

Thanks,
Old March 4th, 2002, 06:16 PM

Smile

Brian, thanks. I at least got the program working by installing only the SB Audigy drivers. Am not able to use the other features which was why I bought the sound card, but at least got Microstudio running and KHPro on my computger. Will try using custom assembly, Vgone and Keywrite. Will wait awhile before I experiment with installing the features for the SB Audigy. Will let you know of any good or not so good news.
Old March 6th, 2002, 05:07 PM

am VERY interested in outcome of this one as I have an Audigy on order. Wanted it mainly so's I could plug phono directly into it and archive an extensive record collection on to cd's. Is there any way I can use my existing sound card(built in to motherboard) for regular applications without affecting MTU products, and access Audigy only when I want to do special applications, such as direct phono input, etc.

Would also be pertinent to know if this problem exists on both series Audigy cards:Soundblaster Platinum Audigy and the EX series, or just one and which.

Thanks,

George

Last edited by George; March 6th, 2002 at 05:20 PM.
Old March 6th, 2002, 06:03 PM

Question

As far as which SB Audigy, I believe its both. Main difference according to Brian is that the EX is external. I had also purchased the Audigy to import music which are not necessarily on CDs. According to Brian, if you import just the drivers, Microstudio would work.

In my case, initially I thought I had sucessfully installed just the drivers however, it did not. The system rebooted and I initially could not install the drivers. However, because I have Windows XP, I believe windows sound drivers were sufficient for Microstudio to work when I closed the system properly and turned system on. The program appears to work, but I don't think it using the correct drivers and am unable to use other features of the Audigy sound card which was part of the reason for the purchase.

I tried installing Audigy drivers (in audio folder) however, sound got distorted again. MTU (Brian), please let me know what folder in the installation CD are the drivers you installed.
Old March 6th, 2002, 06:08 PM

Brian, what folder in the Audigy installation CD is the drivers in. I thought my system installed the drivers but sound got distorted. I believe Windows XP has minimum drivers which is letting Microstudio appear to work. Tried installing drivers as you previously mentioned from installation cd under audio folder, however, that did not work. Am hesitant in installing other features of Audigy Platinum which would jam up microstudio, as I am not that familiar with computer systems.

Any further discoveries on the Audigy?
Old March 7th, 2002, 02:42 AM

I guess my recent problem with audio skipping in
play function of Microstudio probably required a
simpler solution then yours may. Recently my Adaptec CD Creator became corrupted. I was only able to do a partial reinstallation of the Adaptec software that was bundled w/ my CDRW when I bought it. After that I had the audio skips on CD+G playbacks on the computer only with Microstudio. I followed MTU's instruction on installing the latest ASPI driver and that corrected the problem completely.
Mike G.
Old March 7th, 2002, 11:28 AM

Is there anyone out there having this Audigy problem that is running Windows 98SE, or is it strictly a Windows XP problem?

Thanks, George
Old March 10th, 2002, 10:49 PM

As of today, 3/10, under the requirements section of the Soundblaster Audigy at the Creative.com website, the following verbage is used regarding operating systems:

"Windows 98, 98Se, NT 4.0, 2000, or Me(when available, Windows XP and other future driver releases will be available in the support area.")

Based on this does it appear that the incompatability problems some are experiencing with Microstudio and Audigy are XP related, and do not include the other mentioned Windows OS's?
Is there any way of confirming this?

Thanks,

George
Old March 18th, 2002, 05:37 PM

Well, bit the bullet today and had an Audigy Card installed. The problem DOES also extend to Windows 98SE , so I had that puppy taken out and am back to normal. My computer guy seems to think the problem is being caused by Audigy "invading" some memory space utilized by Microstudio play, for whatever that's worth. Kept getting OSD error messages. At least now we know it's not just Windows XP.

Take care,

George
Old April 10th, 2002, 10:27 AM

Karen, assuming you have both the Soundblaster Audigy and another sound card that works with Microstudio, I'm wondering about a possible fix, and your willingness to try something out.

With Audigy fully installed, try going into control panel, then multimedia, and audio.There are two blocks, recording and playback. it should be possible to select your old sound card there, effectively "turning off" Audigy.
Microstudio may work then. If it does, then it's possible that all one would have to do is turn Audigy on and off as needed.

I've doped this out with another audio capture device I have and it works. Prior to figuring this out I was having problems with this other device active when I tried to play Microstudio, and my problem got solved. Keeping my fingers crossed that this may also address the Audigy problem for all concerned, as it appears to be a similar situation.

Take care,

George
Old April 11th, 2002, 07:54 PM

I only have one sound card, the Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum. I just heard from MTU, and they said they'd be working on it shortly. They are finishing up the hoster. But thanks for the info. Am hesitent in trying, as computer has been acting up since installation of microstudio.

I believe OSD error was due to the remote center. However, error i've seen dealth with the mixers. As if sound card mixer and microstudio conflicted. anyway, will keep reading forums and hoping MTU can correct. thanks.
Old April 12th, 2002, 11:35 PM

Unhappy

I have an Audigy card too. I tried uninstalling everything but the barebones drivers for it but still had the skipping. The only thing that solved the problem was to replace the card with an SBLive Value I had sitting around. Everything works fine now.

I understand the hope is to get this fixed in the very near future???

Kim
Old May 8th, 2002, 10:44 AM

I solved the Audigy card skipping problem!

First, go into your computer's BIOS and make sure all your audio options are enabled except for on-board sound.

Then, go into the audio settings in Windows control panel. Go to the advanced options for the Audigy card and decrease the hardware acceleration to one notch above None.

After doing these things, I have no problems at all with audio using Microstudio or KHP.

Kim