MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old November 30th, 2003, 09:57 PM
foxhill8

Karaoke How to??

My wife and I want to do shows without depending on a band . I have a Dell notebook, an Audigy 2nx sound card, Creative speakers and subwoofer. I would like to know how to play a CD+G thru a DVD player and have the words be on the monitor. I have a DVD player,{apex ] that puts the words on a TV screen. I want the words to be on the notebook monitor. .I am new at this so I need to know how to wire everything. Thanks for the help> Hal
Old December 1st, 2003, 09:17 AM

DVD player

Even though you described computer hardware, I am assuming that your APEX DVD player is stand-alone. (I think that APEX is a brand for stand-alone players.) Your DVD player may have what's called Digital Optical Out. If it does, then you may be able to use a convertor. VocoPro sells them.

Oops just re-read your original post. I'm leaving the convertor part for those who need it.

There are video capture cards and TV cards. I imagine that one of these will be your answer.