MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 29th, 2017, 08:52 PM

Need Video Display Support

Greetings,
I am in need of help with two different issues that affect my ability to present videos at karaoke events using my current computer configuration which relies upon my ACER laptop and 2 external monitors. Any and all help greatly appreciated!

Issue Number 1:
Videos downloaded to my hard drive were working perfectly fine on my old computer, however, on my new ACER laptop they no longer work properly (see attached system information for computer info). When selected and added to my Hoster playlist (as I have always done), they appear to play just fine however, the middle portion of my monitor screens appear to have a “black box” situated, such that, the viewer is unable to see any of the lyrics that are positioned behind the blackened box area of the screens (see attached for an example). BTW - I am using Hoster Version 5.41.05.

Issue Number 2:
I am unable to “switch back and forth” between my laptop “Display Setting” which supports the Hoster display of karaoke (CDG) songs on two monitors  to a Display Setting which allows me to present karaoke videos directly from YouTube…….. without re-booting my machine. (This is too disruptive to my karaoke performances to be a practical option). Can someone please provide a solution for this dilemma?

Thanks in advance!
Gwen (AKA The Karaoke Queen)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg System Info.jpg (102.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Video Issue.jpg (956.8 KB, 8 views)
Old May 29th, 2017, 09:25 PM
VIP

Re: Need Video Display Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwenButler View Post
Greetings,
I am in need of help with two different issues that affect my ability to present videos at karaoke events using my current computer configuration which relies upon my ACER laptop and 2 external monitors. Any and all help greatly appreciated!

Issue Number 1:
Videos downloaded to my hard drive were working perfectly fine on my old computer, however, on my new ACER laptop they no longer work properly (see attached system information for computer info). When selected and added to my Hoster playlist (as I have always done), they appear to play just fine however, the middle portion of my monitor screens appear to have a “black box” situated, such that, the viewer is unable to see any of the lyrics that are positioned behind the blackened box area of the screens (see attached for an example). BTW - I am using Hoster Version 5.41.05.

Issue Number 2:
I am unable to “switch back and forth” between my laptop “Display Setting” which supports the Hoster display of karaoke (CDG) songs on two monitors  to a Display Setting which allows me to present karaoke videos directly from YouTube…….. without re-booting my machine. (This is too disruptive to my karaoke performances to be a practical option). Can someone please provide a solution for this dilemma?

Thanks in advance!
Gwen (AKA The Karaoke Queen)
Issue Number 1: Did you remember to download the codecs for your new computer? And I assume you know the song you were trying to play is not defective or does this happen on all videos?

Issue Number 2: I\'m not sure what you mean by switching display settings. I don\'t know why you would need to do that? Maybe you can explain that in a little more detail.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old May 29th, 2017, 10:12 PM

WaltR,
Thanks for your prompt reply.

***Your Question for Issue Number 1***
Did you remember to download the codecs for your new computer? And I assume you know the song you were trying to play is not defective or does this happen on all videos?
**My RESPONSE to Your Issue Number 1 Question**
I do not recall a download of CODECS to my new computer. Can you attach or provide a link for that download? THX

***Your Question for Issue Number 2***
I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m not sure what you mean by switching display settings. I don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t know why you would need to do that? Maybe you can explain that in a little more detail.

**My RESPONSE to Your Issue Number 2 Question**
See attachment for my computer “Display Setting Number 1” used to support Hoster display of karaoke (CDG) songs on two monitors.

See attachment for my computer “Display Setting Number 2” (successfully used) when I am at an event supporting karaoke song requests where the karaoke clip in on YouTube (not my computer hard drive) and I connect to the Internet, access the appropriate YouTube clip (url) and then present the karaoke video directly from YouTube onto my two monitors as well as my laptop, all at the same time. In this case, in order for this changed Display Setting to work, I must re-boot my laptop. I am seeking a solution that allows me to avoid the need to re-boot my laptop in order for the changed Display Setting to take effect.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.
Old May 30th, 2017, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

As WaltR stated, you need to install the codec pack. The link is obtainable from within the Hoster Manual, if you select shortcut where it reads (Important Make These performance Changes for ) then select Windows 10/8.1 hyperlink, the item no 2 (#2 instal video codecs) there is another Hyperlink to take you direct to the site.
Heres is that link: http://www.free-codecs.com/k_lite_me...k_download.htm.
Choose the 13.2 the latest version click on the link directly not any of the other big download links that are trying to get you to install other software.

You will probably be asked if you want to install various other things once you try the install, my advise is to decline all the offers except the actual K-lite megapack andMedia player Classic as I think that will solve your 2nd problem for showing youtube videos.

Which program are you using as your default video player?
If you are using Windows Media Player change your default player to the one in the download Media Player Classic as this has settings to allow you to go full screen to a second monitor without changing your display settings.
I cant Remember the settings at the moment as Im on holiday and dont have access to a second monitor but the settings from the View tab options/Full Screen where if you have your second monitor connected you can select it to play on that by default once you press the F11 key.

Ill be able to help more when Im home the weekend.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old May 30th, 2017, 10:52 AM

Roy,
Thanks so much for your response and advice. I will follow thru this evening upon my return home from work.

Hope you are having a fabulous holiday!

Best,
Gwen
Old May 30th, 2017, 03:23 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwenButler View Post
Roy,
Thanks so much for your response and advice. I will follow thru this evening upon my return home from work.

Hope you are having a fabulous holiday!

Best,
Gwen
Gwen,
I just saw your response as I have been away for most of the day. I believe Roy has you covered! If you need further assistance, please report back.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old May 30th, 2017, 07:23 PM

Thanks WaltR!

I will.

Best,
Gwen