MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 23rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
VIP

Venue Monitors

I normally refrain from using monitors in venues but I just booked a new gig where they have three monitors that they insist be put in use for the karaoke shows. I recently purchased a new Toshiba laptop and like all the other models I looked at it has a HDMI output and a VGA output since it didn't have a HDMI input. I was using the VGA output to feed my singers monitor without a problem but it seems I can't use both VGA and HDMI outputs at the same time. Because of this new gig I will soon be starting I purchased a HD Video Processing device for $69.95. It converts HDMI to composite or s-video. I ran a HDMI cable from the computer to this device. From the device output I hooked up the composite output to my karaoke mixer. This mixer has two video ouputs. I run one composite output to the singers display and the other I run to a RF converter and then run from that, co-ax to feed the clubs monitors. The co-ax is what they have setup to feed the monitors. I haven't tried this setup at the club as of yet but I set up a second monitor at my home to see if this would work. I feed the second monitor with the co-ax from the RF converter and everything works ok except when I play some of the Country Karaoke songs. When I play these songs, my main singers monitor goes blank and the monitor hooked up with the co-ax starts cutting in and out and you can't really read the lyrics very well. Sorry this is so long winded. My question is, why would this happed to just this brand and it doesn't happen to all of Country Karoke songs, just some of them? Is there a better way to approach using the clubs monitors? I couldn't find a device that would convert HDMI to composite, s-video and RF. Maybe there is such a device but i couldn't locate one. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Walt