MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 15th, 2003, 06:14 AM

Error Messages

Please keep the following tips in mind when you are seeking technical assistance.

1. State your problem as clearly as possible.

2. If you are receiving error messages, post those messages as accurately as you can.

Each error message you receive has a meaning, and points to specific problems. These messages give "troubleshooting" starting points so the problem can be diagnosed and solved! Those crazy cryptic words and numbers have significant meanings and map the way to solve problems!

Additionally, it also helps if you post your system configuration such as type of computer, operating system, CPU, sound card, and especially CDROM brand and model number. The world of karaoke is a world of its own and the hardware and software requirements are very specifics and demanding.

Nothing will give you more pleasure, in this karaoke world, than having the programs you buy, running as close to perfect as possible.

99.9999% of the problems we get can be solved quickly when we start with the right information, and most of the times, the problem is hardware related.

Best regards to all,

Jon

Last edited by jaddams; May 15th, 2003 at 03:17 PM.
Old May 1st, 2003, 03:20 PM

Angry errors in mtu plextor40/12/40A

i upgraded my cd writer to a plextor 40/12/40A. i have a dell computer with windows ME . i cannot get my karaoke discs to copy or customize since i upgraded to the plextor. i keep getting error message Error:Write command failed on device 1:0:0
Read/Write error or bad medium detected on(o4h 00h 02h 03h
0ch 09h ), i can't seem to get any replies to my e-mails and this is the first time i've had problems with MTU. please help. i need this for my karkoke business.
claudettek
Old May 1st, 2003, 04:10 PM

Claudettek,
What version of Windows do you have on your computer? Make sure that the DMA is turned on for your CD-R drive under Windows. Plextor Explains how to do this in all operating systems at: http://www.plextor.com/english/suppo...enabledma.html

Make sure that you have done this. This error means that the Data is not getting from your computer to the CD-R fast enough. This is normally due to something changing in your computer, that has caused this. Please also re update your ASPI drivers to make sure they are still current. You can do this from: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=493

Let us know if this works. You may also want to try running the Disk Defragmenter on your computer and the Scandisk.
Old May 3rd, 2003, 10:20 AM

Unhappy errors in mtu plextor40/12/40A

bryan,
i tried the first solution you sent me and first i duplicated a disc and it worked fine. then i tried to customize one and the error message popped up on the first track. i also tried the second solution with no luck. i have windows millenium edition. also when i am playing music my speakers are cutting in and out, but i don't think that's mtu related. i'm at my wits end trying to fix this.
my system keeps saying the drivers are the best ones for the jobs i try. thank you.
claudettek
Old May 5th, 2003, 08:36 PM

Lightbulb Defrag

claudettek,

I suggest you install Norton SystemWorks 2003 and use the one botton check, you might be surprised to see how many mistake this program could find in your system!
To do a defrag, I suggest you use the speed disk command in that program, normaly Windows creates mistakes but is unable to see or correct them on it's own, Norton SystemWorks WILL.

The best solution would be to upgrade to Windows XP, the DMA will now be enable by default.

When you say your speakers are cutting in & out, to me it's a sign of wanting a clean up!
Your problem might be in fact related.

Make sure you have at least 128 megs of ram if you upgrade to XP ( More is better)

Good luck
Old May 6th, 2003, 05:27 PM

i defragged my computer and it took out whatever was causing my speakers to cut out and in. i have been thinking of upgrading to xp and that will probably be my next investment. thank you for the suggestions. all of the ones that i have received have been very helpful. it's nice to know there are people out there willing to help that have the knowledge i sorely lack computer wise.
thank you,
claudettek