MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old May 4th, 2007, 02:16 AM

Karaoke Disc Duplicator

Can Someone Tell Me If Most Of The New Disc Out Have What They Call Mediaclog Protection
Old May 4th, 2007, 07:05 AM

Mediaclog is no longer being used

MACHINE NAME: [Monster]
Windows XP 64 & 32 Professional Dual boot
Processor - AMD xp64 x2 4400
RAM - 2.0g PC3200 ddr2 800ghz
Motherboard msi platinum (latest BIOS and DRIVERS)
Sound Card - sound blaster comp.(On-board sound device)
Video - MSI 6800 128MG
HD Primary - 7 VAROIUS HARD DRIVES ON THIS MACHINE
CD-R - Plextor (PX-W708A 1.04) CD-R - TEAC
DVD/CD-R - NEC (optiplex )
DirectX Version - 9.0c (4.09.0000.0901)
Old May 4th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Mediacloq was only used by Sound Choice on one series of discs (I forget which one) for a short time.
Old May 4th, 2007, 05:05 PM

A Sound Choice Media Clog Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Mediacloq was only used by Sound Choice on one series of discs (I forget which one) for a short time.
I just purchased Sound Choice Power Picks Pop/Rock Picks Vol. 147 Disc#3277 and it was "media clogged". Sound Choice will replace the disc for a small fee BUT I sent some "clogged" discs back two years ago and RECIEVED COPIES THAT WERE MEDIA CLOGGED so I don't advise sending them back.

Media Clog was used by Sound Choice (nobody else that I know of) as a way to stop pirating, it was only used on a few disc. Sound Choice stopped using media Clog years ago but they did not recall every copy that is in circulation so one will pop-up every now and then.

I get around the media clog by playing the disc in my CDG player and recording the audio and vidoe to my video camera. I use Adobe Premier (I'm sure other programs will do the same) to load (capture) the recordings into my computer and I render them as Window Media Files (convert the .avi file to a .wmv file) which will run in Hoster as a video file.

I then take a copy of the smallest MP3+G that I have in my collection (I only use LEGAL MP3+G's THAT I PAY AT LEAST $.99 A COPY FOR!) and give it the tile and artist of the "Media Clog" track that I converted to a .wmv file. I then load the MP3+G file into Hoster. This makes the song show up in the songbooks. I put a note by the tile so I know it is a video file:

Rockin' The Suburbs (wmv).........................Ben Folds Five, The

When somebody requests this song I DO NOT load the kma file, it's only there so the track will show up in the songbooks. I use the Video button in Hoster and get the .wmv file from the folder it's in. The video will NOT show up in the Hoster preview window while playing but it will show up on the TV's so the singers can see it.

It takes a little time and a little extra hard drive space BUT it's better than not using tracks we paid for.

If you have or acquire "Media Clogged" Discs and you are using Hoster, this may help!

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200

Last edited by madjim- with the Lord; May 4th, 2007 at 05:15 PM.