MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 10th, 2000, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Exclamation

We are doing a complete rewrite of the Microstudio Play Tab code. When released, the Karaoke play will be full screen, not in the little window as it is now. As soon as you click Play the window will jump to fill the screen, appearing just like the display monitor for a Karaoke Player. The sweeping color will also exactly follow the original song design, instead of jerking as it does in V2.013 and earlier.

Several other problems have been fixed that will make the program run better for everyone. For example, there was a bug found that detected the CDROM/CDR drives multiple times instead of only once as it should have done.

We expect to release this new code in January 2001, but this is not a promised date. This new code will also be added into Karaoke Home Producer in a future release.
Old December 17th, 2000, 02:15 PM
Administrator

We are now testing the new player code. It is a VAST improvement. It plays correctly even on our Pentium 166 with 1MB display RAM running DirectX 7.0a playing all files that would not play before, showing them in Full Screen mode like a Karaoke Player display.
Old December 21st, 2000, 07:04 PM

Microstudio Upgrades

I have tested the new player code on two older karaoke songs that would not previously play correctly (video wipe lagged audio), and I'm happy to announce that both songs worked great! I love the new full screen mode, but the only problem I experienced was when I hooked up my brand new ProView Flat Panel screen, the full screen mode would not display. Any ideas??
Old December 23rd, 2000, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Great news about the songs playing. We are very excited about the results to our new code.

About your new ProView Flat Panel not working, is this an LCD or CRT display? Please execute your Windows Start button / Run / and enter dxdiag. Email support@mtu.com the resulting log file so we can see what is happening.

PLEASE... add a note to the email about why you are submitting this. Also, please title the report with your name so we can find it in our email system.
Old January 7th, 2001, 01:06 AM

Question Upgrade Availability

I received my new software today. HP,Microstudio,& Vogone. While reading the forum for hints, I came across this posting. I am wondering if this new upgrade will be able to be downloaded to my program. If not, should I return my software now and re-purchase it when the upgrade is complete. I would like to have these fixes applied to my program. I did not buy the key change program because it is still in testing and I didn't know if it could or would be upgraded when problems are fixed. Although I have not begun to use Homeproducer, I would like to have the upgrade included. Also, is there a manual for Homeproducer? If so, where can I find it? Thanks Christi
Old January 7th, 2001, 08:37 AM
Administrator

All existing clients will be able to download the upgrade when it is released. We are hoping to have it out early this week. We have been beta testing last week and this weekend. So far a few minor problems have been reported, all related to the development being done on a Win2000 system and minor operational problems under Win98. The result of the changes is to make Microstudio run on almost any machine today, expected even under WinNT4.0.

The existing Microstuio is fully functional, as you can see from posts in this Forum. I don't see any reason to not use it now. Currently, I expect the new version to be available within several days for download. You will have to install it with a new Serial Number. We have changed our encryption so the website can automatically download the programs in the future.

The Microstudio manual link is on the same web page where you downloaded the program from. Refer to your email with Microstudio download instructions for this link and how to access it.