MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old December 23rd, 2006, 08:15 AM

How to burn mp3/cdg files to cd?

Hi, I have most of my songs as mp3/cdg files on my hard drive and I would like to put them onto cd disc's as back up. These discs would be able to play in any karaoke machine currently on the market.

Which of the MTU software available would allow me to achive this, I am aware that MTU software will do lots of other things but at the moment I'm just looking at burning my excisting files to disc.

The system I am running is XP Service pack 2 and my optical drive is a Plextor 716a.

Thanks in advance
Old December 26th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Our recently released Microstudio 3.003 will allow you to add MP3+G files (and ZIPs also) to the "Write Disc List" and write them as a CDG format disc that will play in Karaoke players.
Old December 27th, 2006, 08:21 AM

Like the Chief said MicroStudio will work. You don't have to convert anything before you write the disc. MS does it all. I have done this and it works real well. Buy MicroStudio you won't regret it. You will love the program.

Shuttle X ComputersWindows XP Pro. SP3 AMD 1.8 gig Processor1 gig Memory
Video NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 32 meg

Dell Laptop 1525
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1
4 Gig Mem. Vista Basic
Old December 27th, 2006, 08:37 AM

Talking px 716a

Hi and thank you for advice about the software which I will purchase today.
On the subject of burners, Plextor say my burner will write cd+g disc but I've read disturbing reports that this may not be the case! Have you burned cd+g's using this device?

many thanks and Happy new year to all.

Alan
Old December 27th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Yes many times and with great results. In most of those cases it has been drivers not updated from Plextor or Windows not kept up-to-date. There have been a couple of program problems with new releases, but MTU is quick to jump on those, get it fixed and release an update.
Old December 30th, 2006, 06:58 AM

After Burning will only play mp3

Hi I have just downloaded the lastest version of microstudio and have tried to create a cdg disc from my mp3/cdg files on my hard drive. After burning is completed I play the newly created disc through winamp only to find the audio will play but the screen with the words doesn't appear just the music!

Upon opening the disc to see if the image file is showing all I get is just the mp3's and nothing else, I click on the first track winamp opens and plays but again no words.

As an experiment I converted a copy of the original file to a Bin file and tried again with the same outcome.

Below is the process I went through and clearly I did something wrong could you guys tell me where I went wrong?

1 Copy and paste 15 mp3's and cdg files into "Songs" folder

2 Click write disc

3 Click Add Songs

4 Select files from window that opens (highlight all & open)

5 All 15 mpe's and there cdgs appear in the write disc window

6 Click write cd

The completed disc is ejected some 10 mins later with a triumphal sound effect but will not act as karoke disc.

Thanks
Old December 30th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Administrator

My guess is in the Write Disc tab, you have the Audio CD button selected to write only the audio to a CDDA format disc.

You need to be sure the Karaoke CD button is selected to write a CDG format disc with the lyrics/graphics.

Unless you have special plugins you have bought for Winamp, to my knowledge it will NOT play the lyrics from a CDG disc. It is best to either go to the Microstudio Play screen and select the Karaoke CDG button, select some tracks and play them. Or... put the disc in a Karaoke Player and play it.

Microstudio does not write a Video CD disc, but a CD+Graphics disc, which are totally different formats. That may also be confusing you to think you can play the Microstudio made CD in Winamp.

However, again, I think you are writing a CDDA audio only disc format at this time. Let us know if this is the problem or not.