MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old March 17th, 2017, 06:26 AM

Unhappy Windows 10

I have just loaded hoster onto a new Dell laptop and all went very well. The only problem I have is that the sound is terrible. It is crackly and stilted. I would have considered that it might be the computer but a few months ago I had a new Asus laptop (which was purchased for another use) and when I tried to put the hoster on there I had exactly the same problem. With that one I did think it was the laptop as it also had a dodgy touchpad so I considered that the sound might be faulty also.

Now that I have the same problem with both laptops I am thinking it is a windows 10 problem. The sound seems to be fine in all other applications. It\'s only terrible in hoster.

I did all of the recommended performance changers including downloading the K-Lite Codec pack and I have no idea what I am meant to do with that (other than install it).

Any help would be appreciated please.

Thanks
Kathy

Last edited by Kathy C; March 17th, 2017 at 06:32 AM.
Old March 17th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Windows 10

It is most likely a driver problem. If you have a Nvidea or and or Radeon graphics card go direct to their website and search for the latest drivers and install it.
If the sound is still playing up do the same with your sound card, go direct to the sound card manufacturers site search for updated driver.
It is possible that Dell has the updates available but not always.
Yes I know it\'s a new computer but believe me they ship with outdated drivers.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 17th, 2017, 09:14 PM

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your advice. I downloaded the newest drivers from dell for my model laptop but at installation it said that drivers were older than the ones installed on my computer (as per attachment) and did I want to continue. I opted for no.

It did then go ahead and update (uninstall and reinstall) my audio device/driver.

Sadly no change to the terrible sound.....on hoster only.

Any other suggestions as I definitely can\'t use it as it is.

Cheers Kathy
Attached Images
File Type: png Driver update.PNG (7.8 KB, 4 views)
Old March 17th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

No as I said Dell may have an update but not always.

I was referring to your graphics card manufacturers own web site. ie Nvidea or Radeon or Intel.
Nvidea:
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

Radeon:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Intel:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26228/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?v=t

Another thing you can try before updating a driver If you have switchable graphics try running with Nvidea or Radeon switched off.

If a graphics driver dosnt work you can always use the Roll back driver button.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 18th, 2017, 12:19 AM

Hi Roy,

My graphics card is Intel. Have attached pic for you to clarify.

I have downloaded their \"Intel Driver Update Utility Installer\" But there doesn\'t seem to be any other recommendation for my laptop. I\'m a bit vague on this sort of stuff.

Cheers Kathy
Attached Images
File Type: png Graphics driver.PNG (631.0 KB, 3 views)
Old March 18th, 2017, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

First thing what are your settings In Tools/settings/Audio ?
Do you have the computers native audio card selected as the playback card or some other card ?
What is the Prevent audio dropouts set to ?
10 is the default, 1 would most likely cause audio dropouts 20 gives most reliable sound but slows the reaction down for key & tempo change so if you have it set less than 10 that would likely cause problems.
There are two other boxes at the bottom to change priority of audio or lyrics you could esperiment with these but they to me are the least likely to cause problems.
Fresh thoughts on this, As you said in your first post you have this sound problem even when you install Hoster on your other computer, I wonder if there is another program running on both computers that Hoster is incompatible with. First that springs to mind is your spyware or malware.
Is it the same on both computers ?

If so can you try turning it off just while you run Hoster just long enough to test it. (make sure your Offline while doing this). If it does run OK when disabled I should see if there are any settings in the software to allow specific programs to run.

If that makes no difference I should turn your attention to other software that you have loaded common to both computers and try either preventing them running or uninstall them tempory until hopefully you find a culprit.

If none of the above helps I should put in a support ticket.
Old March 19th, 2017, 06:44 AM

Thank you Roy.

I checked on my \"prevent audio dropouts\" and it was on 0. Moved it to 10 and working perfectly now.

Thank you so much for your help

Cheers Kathy
Old March 19th, 2017, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry I did not suggest that in the first place.
Anyway always happy to help and nice to know your problem is sorted.
Will close this thread now.
Closed Thread

Tags
audio problem, faulty sound, sound problem