MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 20th, 2017, 05:39 PM

Integrated Song Store

Just upgraded Hoster to 5.50.01 to try out the song store. When you go to imput your password you get an error message that the password is incorrect and you cannot get out of the window, it just keeps coming back. I actually have to use task manager to get out of Hoster.
I am also having problems with Hoster being stuck on the toolbar, I know you are suppose to be able to hover over the Hoster icon and a small Hoster screen will pop up above it but clicking this does not bring Hoster back up to full view.
On another side note I got charged the full upgrade amount even though I put in the discount code (I already e-mailed them about this)
Old March 20th, 2017, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Integrated Song Store

Have you registered for the purchase of the buy songs first ?
It has nothing to do with your MTU account password.

The taskbar problem, Hover over taskbar Icon till the mini Hoster screen appears, move curser to middle of popped up small Hoster screen and right click then select Restore.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 21st, 2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyzz View Post
Just upgraded Hoster to 5.50.01 to try out the song store. When you go to imput your password you get an error message that the password is incorrect and you cannot get out of the window, it just keeps coming back. I actually have to use task manager to get out of Hoster.
I am also having problems with Hoster being stuck on the toolbar, I know you are suppose to be able to hover over the Hoster icon and a small Hoster screen will pop up above it but clicking this does not bring Hoster back up to full view.
On another side note I got charged the full upgrade amount even though I put in the discount code (I already e-mailed them about this)
Just to be clear, I did register and the problem was with their password locking up the system.
Old March 21st, 2017, 09:56 AM

We have found and fixed this issue with the incorrect password. Keep an eye out for an update to fix this.
Old May 13th, 2017, 04:34 PM

Not sure what the fix for the issue which was causing problems with new Buy Songs from Net Karaoke, but when I select Buy Songs the site opens with this message:

Error: 12002.7
Please contact MTU

When I tried to sign up, I got as far as Country and I could not enter USA or anything else.

So, what is the fix, or is this a new issue?

Thanks,
Wes

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.
Old May 13th, 2017, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

its a problem with karoke.net site, they and MTU are aware of it.
There is nothing you do about it untill Karaoke.net fix it their end.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old May 14th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

I checked this morning and it now seems to be up and running again.
Old May 14th, 2017, 12:14 PM

Roy,

Thanks for the information. Yes, it is now fixed and I download my first song, Snowbird. A friend had requested it, so I paid the $1.99 and the procedure was very smooth. The integration to the database worked great.

I also tried Karaoke-Version and downloaded a free song just to check it out. The price is higher for their songs and the integration requires more effort to get it into the database, but it did work.

Thanks again, and the next time the gang comes over to sing, I\'ll surprise my friend with Snowbird.

Wes

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.
Old May 15th, 2017, 01:51 PM

Roy,

I would like to pick your brain related to buying songs for your operation. After checking out Karaoke.net, as well as, Karaoke-Version, my opinion is that songs from Net cost less and are integrated into Hoster with ease, while the Versionn songs cost more and are not as easy to integrate into Hoster.

However, my limited experience with both leads me to believe the Version back ground sounds are better than the Net songs. Do you have an opinion on this issue?

Also, can you suggest any other sites that you use to download songs? If you don\'t want to respond, I will understand.

Thanks again for always being there with your knowledge and experience.

Wes

Old May 15th, 2017, 02:34 PM
VIP

Wrahn / Wes

I\\\\\\\'ll chime in with an opinion...
Both of the sites you are asking about, are a couple of the better ( Legal ) sites that are left to obtain a la carte downloads ( on the fly, if you will ) which is sometimes important for the professional karaoke host during the course of a show ... sometimes the ease of obtaining the request of a customer... thus fulfilling that need at the same show, sometimes will make a regular or return customer out of a first time visitor to the KJ\\\\\\\'s gig or regular show...
I find that Karaoke Version is putting out Newer selections quicker than most, and thus that request for a top 40 hit may be found there first... Karaoke.Net has purchased the Party Tyme Catalog as well as the Popular Tropical Zone Latin catalog ( Important to my clientele here on the Mexican Border ), and is in the process of legally re-licensing the catalogs under there names... this legal processing is painstakingly slow, expensive, and required by the Legal Professional KJ/Host... They are, as well, providing new content of today\\\'s hits, and hard to find oldies ( previously unmade selections, or impossible to find previously manufactured songs from discontinued cdg\\\'s ).
Both companies are working hard at providing cdg or mp4 downloads for the karaoke customers, whether they be Pros, Hobbyists, or Singer\\\\\\\'s building their personal collections for the fun of providing the most content to their clients, friends, or themselves...
Comparing these two companies, I will give them high marks for background musicality, Background vocals, and visually and accurate swipes...
All companies in my experience, have made karaoke songs that just don\\\\\\\'t sound like the original ( some don\\\\\\\'t care as much as others ), but most are true to the original lyrics, Key, and back ground instrumentation (Studio Musicians) that can be inexpensively reproduced...
So if you get a dud, try and find a better replacement from another manufacturer... that has been the dilemma for the professional host as long as I can remember...
Good luck with your karaoke song procurement... that extra dollar will be negligible if it satisfies a need...

Rick
Rikki Tikki Karaoke

Show Computer: Dell Precision M6700--Intel I7 3720 QM Quad 3rd Gen 2.6 ghz--16 gb Ram
Integrated Onboard Graphics, 2 gb DDR2 dedicated Video Memory--500 gb SSD & 1TB SATA HD--Windows 7 Pro--External HD WD 4 tb

Backup Computer: Lenovo Ideapad 7750G--PCI Express X16 Gen3 2.5 ghz--32 gb RAM--NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, 2048 MB DDR3 --1 TB SSD--Windows 10 Education -- 64 bit

External Optical Drives: Plextor 760A & 712A
Old May 15th, 2017, 03:33 PM

Rick,

Thanks for your valued input. While I\'m not a pro, just a individual with friends who like to have Karaoke Parties, it is nice to obtain songs for me that bring back memories.

Once again thanks for your input,
Wes

Old May 15th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrahn View Post
Roy,

I would like to pick your brain related to buying songs for your operation. After checking out Karaoke.net, as well as, Karaoke-Version, my opinion is that songs from Net cost less and are integrated into Hoster with ease, while the Versionn songs cost more and are not as easy to integrate into Hoster.

However, my limited experience with both leads me to believe the Version back ground sounds are better than the Net songs. Do you have an opinion on this issue?

Also, can you suggest any other sites that you use to download songs? If you don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t want to respond, I will understand.

Thanks again for always being there with your knowledge and experience.

Wes
As I live in the UK I mostly use (Selecatrack) for most of my downloads as they have access to multiple manufacturers from the one site. (They are not allowed to sell to the USA) I have used both the suppliers built into Hoster and found the most convenient being Karaoke.net due to its auto index feature when doing a live show although have not found many songs that I dont already have but they are adding new songs weekly so I expect in time I will use them more. Karaoke version seems to have more choice.
For new stuff I have a monthly Mr Entertainer disc as a standing order which has about 18 tracks per month.

As Rikki stated both those built in suppliers are fully licenced for USA professional use.
Old May 19th, 2017, 02:38 PM

Roy,

Thanks for sharing where you get the songs you want for your shows. It is a shame that non-pros living in the USA do not have access to the same great sites. Of course, we are a country of laws and the sites follow the laws

Wes