MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 1 Help

Keyrite 1 Help Post Keyrite 1 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 15th, 2005, 05:07 PM

Keyrite not responding

I have spent day and a half trying to change the key on some songs. I have been getting an error 'program not responding'. I tried closing and restarting with no luck. Then I tried reinstall using repair option and that didn't do it. Next I reinstalled using modify option and again get the program not resonding error. It doesn't make any difference whether I access Keyrite through MTU/MS or from the Keyrite icon on the desktop

The tracks I am trying to change play perfectly on the MTU/MS player and burn perfectly using the MTU/MS custom assembly function.

Any ideas where to go from here?
Old July 15th, 2005, 05:20 PM

CENTXKJ,

Are you able to open Keyrite at all? If so, at what point are you getting the error message?

Also give us some info regarding your pc. I'll leave my signature on so's you can get an idea what would be helpful.

George

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; July 27th, 2005 at 10:40 AM.
Old July 17th, 2005, 12:52 PM

Are you able to open Keyrite at all? If so, at what point are you getting the error message? Yes, Keyrite opens; I can select an input file and I can name an output file. When I attempt to play preview nothing happens, that's where the not responding message occurs

Also give us some info regarding your pc. March 20, '05 I purchased a Dell Dimension 4700 w/ 3.0 GHz P4 530/HT; 1GB DDR2 SDRAM@400MHz; 80 GB HD; MSWindows XP Home SP2;128MB ATI Radeon X300; Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS.

Hope this helps.
Old July 17th, 2005, 01:52 PM

Have you tried reinstalling?

I can't duplicate the problem no matter what I do either on .CDG's or .Wav's, the two formats that Keyrite recognizes.

George
Old July 17th, 2005, 04:17 PM

Yes, I have reinstalled using both the repair and modify options and neither works
Old July 17th, 2005, 05:00 PM

It's possible you may have gotten a corrupted download. Try a new download, and reinstall.

If that doesn't get it, you might try going to the Creative website and downloading any drivers for the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 soundcard they have available.

George
Old July 18th, 2005, 04:03 PM

How do I get a new download file? Once I get it what procedure would you like me to use to reinstall?
Old July 18th, 2005, 04:18 PM

centxkj,

You should be able to use your existing download link to get a new download. Tell it to replace your current file.

Then do a new install. Tell it to remove the existing program and install the new. Then reboot the pc.

Don't know if this will get it for certain, but something's out of whack.

Hope this is it.

George
Old July 19th, 2005, 08:11 AM

When I try to do this I get the following :

Your dowload attempt failed or it has been used up. Your link initally allowed 99 download attempts, so it is unlikely it is used up.

This error is often caused by not entering the full download link from “http:” to “id=XXXXXXX” where XXXXXX is your personal download link code.

This may also be caused by a download accelerator program (example: Netscape or RealAudio) on your computer that can use multiple downloads for each attempt. Turn these off before tryng to download again.

If you continue to have problems, post in the
Registration and Download Problems Forum and we will answer.

Please read the “How to Ask for Help” Thread for what you need to post for us to help you quickly. If you are not registered, click the “How to Register to Ask Questions” thread to read what to do.

You can also order the software to be mailed or shipped to you on a CDROM by
clicking here.

I obviously did domething wrong.
Old July 19th, 2005, 08:44 AM

This is starting to look like it may be a download accellerator problem. If this is the case, MTU will have to reset your download limit, but not until the offending program has been turned of.

If you know of any such programs installed on yout pc you'll need to do that before trying to download again.

If you are on AOL, it is my understanding they have installed download accellerators in their program. The purpose of these is to speed up downloads, especially for dial up users, but they can create download problems, and in a flash, eat up all the available downloads. If that's the case they would have to work with you on shutting it down.

We'll need to see what support thinks on this one.

George
Old July 19th, 2005, 08:52 AM

George,

I'm not aware of any accelllerator. I'm on Time Warner Road Runner using MS Internet Explorer.
Old July 19th, 2005, 05:32 PM

I just tried your link and it works fine. You need to make sure that you are typing it in Exactly as it appears or it will give yout his error.
Old July 19th, 2005, 08:16 PM

Unhappy

Still having the same problem. I got the download and installed it. Registered the new copy and all looked good. I opened Keyrite. Keyrite opens; I can select an input file and I can name an output file. When I attempt to play preview nothing happens, that's where the not responding message occurs.
Old July 27th, 2005, 10:30 AM

What version of Windows are you running? Do you have all of the Windows Updates? If not, then go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and get them. Do you have the latest drivers for your Sound Card, is it installed correctly and working?
Old July 28th, 2005, 04:19 PM

Brian,

I'm running XP sp2 with all the updates. The sound card doesn't seem to be the problem in as much as the files play fine using MTU play, Windows Media Player and the Dell Jukebox thing whatever that is.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 11:41 AM

Try importing a new Song directly off of an Audio CD in the .wav format. Once you have a True 16bit Stereo 44.1khz file, try again and see what happens.

Where did the files come from that you are trying to Keychange? This is the only other thing that I can think of that might cause this problem.